Not fully understanding SDK, overview?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mr. Eko, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Mr. Eko macrumors member

I'm trying to understand this, but just am not getting it totally. Can someone summarize what the SDK will be. I know it's a way for people to develop software for the iphone/touch, so every program made will be on the itunes store? I here they will be charging for this (which is fine with me), but what is the charge for? To be able to use the SDK and buy programs from itunes store?

2. TouchPodium.com macrumors newbie

There is a basic recap of the entire SDK Roadmap presentation on Touch Podium.
    Check it out here.

The apps/games/widgets will be downloadable through a new icon placed on the iphone/ipod touch springboard itself named "App Store". Upon clicking this - a window will open with different ways to scroll through the entire list of available apps/games/widgets.

Yes, there will be a fee - but we don't know what that fee is. In fact, Steve said it himself - we won't know what the fee is until June. We, as iPod Touch owners are getting fee'd because we don't have to pay a monthly bill, and I guess Apple just needs to make an extra few bucks. Who knows.