Not genuine charger

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by M0esmac, Nov 1, 2012.

1. M0esmac macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

Hey everyone.

I still have my genuine charger from MBP which I use in my office, but when I go to watch movie in my bed I need charger too, so I need to have charger on my bedside and I'm a bit lazy to unwire my charger from my office and etc. especially after long day.

I need charger, but I don't need it regularly. I probably do that what I said (watch movies in bed etc) just two or three times a week. So I don't really want to spent £40+++ on it.

Is this would be ok? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60W-MagSa...Accessories_PowerSupplies&hash=item43aa32b771
    Are they the same as genuine or they just **** up your battery?

Thanks

2. drsox, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012

drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

These are all bad news. Some of the tear-down sites have analysed samples of these and, if I remember right, there are major electrical flaws. e.g. the insulating gap between live & earth is pathetically small (compared to Apple's own version). As well as this, the quality of build can mean that the "gap" is bridged by crap assembly.

Avoid this rubbish for anything with a power connection.

If you want a less expensive charger, look on ebay for a seller from Ireland who sells genuine stuff at discount. Worth the effort. This is him : apple4lessirl

3. M0esmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

Thanks for feedback, I'm not gonna buy not genuine then.

I just checked him out - its not really a discount when I can go to Apple today and buy charger for what? £65? He wants £55 for it + I need to wait.

4. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Sorry to hear that. All the bits I have bought from him have been a good deal.