Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsthetouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
With the iphone, its like I dont get all incoming calls. I would tell my girlfriend to call me, when she did she asked "why didnt you pick up the first 2 times?" But i have no idea what shes talking about because it only rang once (the time i picked up obviously). Like i would be sitting here and then all of a sudden get a voicemail alert but I never hear the phone ring. Is this a problem with reception? The network? 3g? The phone itself? Any help would be great!! thank you

monkeytennis

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
With the iphone, its like I dont get all incoming calls. I would tell my girlfriend to call me, when she did she asked "why didnt you pick up the first 2 times?" But i have no idea what shes talking about because it only rang once (the time i picked up obviously). Like i would be sitting here and then all of a sudden get a voicemail alert but I never hear the phone ring. Is this a problem with reception? The network? 3g? The phone itself? Any help would be great!! thank you

Are you on O2 in the UK, by any chance? I've had this a couple of times in the last few weeks since I got my new iPhone. It did used to happen when I was on Orange too, only not quite so often.

Anyway I think it's an o2 thing, nothing wrong with your phone.

macbookhamburg

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2007
if you are on tmobile in germany it´s like that when someone calls you on your homezone number but you are not in your homezone ... i get alerts all the time (took me a while to figure that out :) )

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
On Edge and GPRS it's certainly the case that if there is a data transfer going on when someone rings you, eg when you're browsing, the incoming call diverts to voicemail. I am not on 3G so I'm not sure if it's the same there.

itsthetouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Im in the US new york. And im not even doing anything or touching the phone using data. Ill just get an alert notice of a new voicemail with never getting a ring. If someone doesnt leave a voicemail id never know someone call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.