Not getting all push notifcations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jps1012, Jul 5, 2010.

1. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

The past 2 days I haven't been getting all my push notifications. I pay for ESPN Streak for Cash and I only get the notifications When I open the app and it used to come up right away(with the app closed). I reset network settings recently, could that be it? Any way to fix this? Thanks!

2. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Make sure that the settings for each app under NOTIFICATIONS is correct. Just because you have NOTIFICAIONS set to ON, doesn't mean that each app has been enabled.

3. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I had the same issue with CNN and FOXNEWS apps.

I uninstalled them and then reinstalled.

All notifications are back to normal now.

PS- someone on macrumors reports that CNN IT people have recommended that as a fix.... so it isn't just my experience.

4. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks.... They are all checked... could there be something else?

5. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

It could be an issue with the apps themselves. Try reinstalling them like zub3qin said.

6. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

ESPN App is free but then I paid $2 to get the notifications. Do u think that will get messed up if I delete it and reinstall it?

I also have a to do list app i bought that the notifications aren't working would i be able to re install it with out paying again?

Thanks!

7. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

If you synced your phone to iTunes AFTER you purchased the apps, they will be in your apps library. Delete them from you phone and then re-sync your apps. Check that the apps are in iTunes before you do this, though, or you will have to buy them again.

8. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Yeah- as long as you have it in your itunes library you are ok. If you are nervous just sync the phone, then delete the apps from the phone, then resync.

9. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Actually, I believe you're safe even if you haven't sync'ed that app with your computer. I'm pretty sure that when you attempt to download ANY app that you've downloaded before and then deleted, it won't charge you again. You'll go through the whole process of entering your iTunes password and confirming the purchase as if it were the first time, but then when it starts to download you'll get a message saying something like "You're attempting to download an app you've already purchased. Would you like to download this app again for free?"