Not getting any "move" data

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LevMac, Dec 22, 2015.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey there guys,
    On the exercise rings, I'm getting the green "exercise" and the blue "standing" data but the red "move" results don't seem to show anything at all?

The blue and green lines extend around the activity circle but the red one just seems to stand on the little arrow with no extension around the circle or anything...

2. Vader2 macrumors member

Try changing your move goal and see if it makes a difference

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Also try un-pairing your watch and then re-pairing it. Does you iPhone show steps taken in the Health app? If not then you need to take it to the Apple store and have them check it out.

4. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Thanks for the replies,

Yes my phone definitely shows steps taken in the Health app, I think I need to adjust the "move" goal and see how that goes!

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You move goal should not be the reason you are not getting move data on your watch. In the watch app check the setting for where the watch gets this move data. You can have it set to your watch for this data or your phone, I believe.

6. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I looked for this setting in the Watch app, but I could not find it. Do you have the exact screen?

TxWatch

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sorry but I can not as I no longer have my watch paired to my S+. Hope someone here will help. Somewhere there is a setting in the watch app or in the iPhone that you select which device populates the health app with data.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Found it. In your health app on your phone, below click on sources and make sure it is set to use your watch. This should have all been defaulted to work correctly.