Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PS8409

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Is anyone having issues with Apple Card Apple Cash rewards? I bought a large purchase in august and watched my cash back like a hawk. Never got it. Called Apple Cash team. They said call Goldman Sachs. Then they said to call Apple. It never got resolved.

Now that I’ve set Apple Cash to my new Apple Card Savings account, I’ve caught it red handed. Purchased a big purchase from Lowes on Friday. Then another one on Sunday. I got the cash back from Sunday’s purchase but not Friday’s. Same store. It shows as being awarded but it definitely doesn’t show up in my savings account.

I contacted apple and they verified with screenshots that what I’m saying is true. Now they want me to call the Apple Pay people since they couldn’t solve it.

These are only a couple of purchases I’ve noticed. I’m sure there’s several more over the three and a half years of using this card.

Please comment if you’ve had the issue.

monstermash

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020
Never had an issue not getting any (cash back).

Your statements are issued with GS. Do they show the cash back? If not, your issue is with them. If the statements show the cash back and you're not getting any (cash back), seems like the issue is with Apple.

PS8409

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Never had an issue not getting any (cash back).

Your statements are issued with GS. Do they show the cash back? If not, your issue is with them. If the statements show the cash back and you're not getting any (cash back), seems like the issue is with Apple.
It shows that the cash was rewarded meaning it left to go to my savings account. But then it never actually shows up. It’s not for all purchases. It’s only for random ones

monstermash

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020
It shows that the cash was rewarded meaning it left to go to my savings account. But then it never actually shows up. It’s not for all purchases. It’s only for random ones

It should be easy to demonstrate then "missing cash". Write both and cc: your state attorney general and eee if you get some attention.

KFridman

macrumors regular
May 8, 2020
New York State
Is anyone having issues with Apple Card Apple Cash rewards? I bought a large purchase in august and watched my cash back like a hawk. Never got it. Called Apple Cash team. They said call Goldman Sachs. Then they said to call Apple. It never got resolved.

Now that I’ve set Apple Cash to my new Apple Card Savings account, I’ve caught it red handed. Purchased a big purchase from Lowes on Friday. Then another one on Sunday. I got the cash back from Sunday’s purchase but not Friday’s. Same store. It shows as being awarded but it definitely doesn’t show up in my savings account.

I contacted apple and they verified with screenshots that what I’m saying is true. Now they want me to call the Apple Pay people since they couldn’t solve it.

These are only a couple of purchases I’ve noticed. I’m sure there’s several more over the three and a half years of using this card.

Please comment if you’ve had the issue.
Did you eve get this resolved? I just noticed the same thing. I made two purchases the same day at the same store. Both showed I was getting 2% back but only one made it to my saving account.

PS8409

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Did you eve get this resolved? I just noticed the same thing. I made two purchases the same day at the same store. Both showed I was getting 2% back but only one made it to my saving account.
Nope. Talked to like 5 different people from GS and Apple. They essentially point fingers at each other.

KFridman

macrumors regular
May 8, 2020
New York State
Nope. Talked to like 5 different people from GS and Apple. They essentially point fingers at each other.
After looking deeper into mine I found I did get the credit I should have. When I balanced the account I realized that the 2% came in through two separate deposits. It wasn't obvious when I looked at the statement but when I did the math it worked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.