Not getting charged for data plan. Am I getting away with something?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by galenmd, Aug 12, 2010.

1. galenmd macrumors regular

I bought an iP4 and gave my old 3g to my son. He was using a razr before. I took them sim out of the razr and put it in the 3g. He has been downloading apps, surfing the net and making calls just fine.

I am not being charged for any data use. Now, true that much of the time he is using wifi, there is enough 3g usage that I thought some charges would have appeared, but none have.

Obviously, I do not plan on questioning this too much, but I am curious if there are others using an iPhone without a data plan.

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Don't worry about it. They are just collecting evidence for the indictment at this point.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

ATT will add a data package to your bill - rest assured. It might take a bit for it to register on their network/billing but you'll no doubt see it added and also get messages (pop ups) indicating that it's required to have a data plan with the phone

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. At some point at&t will figure this out and you will be charged appropriately.

5. galenmd thread starter macrumors regular

That's totally cool by me. I am certainly willing to pay for whatever is used. I just assumed that any data would be billed at the going rate. As soon as I see how much this is, I would add a limited data plan. Right now, I estimate his usage to be only a few MB/month, so for now, I'll just let things roll.