Not getting charged for data plan. Am I getting away with something?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by galenmd, Aug 12, 2010.

1. galenmd macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2008
    I bought an iP4 and gave my old 3g to my son. He was using a razr before. I took them sim out of the razr and put it in the 3g. He has been downloading apps, surfing the net and making calls just fine.

I am not being charged for any data use. Now, true that much of the time he is using wifi, there is enough 3g usage that I thought some charges would have appeared, but none have.

Obviously, I do not plan on questioning this too much, but I am curious if there are others using an iPhone without a data plan.
  2. marksman macrumors 603

Jun 4, 2007
    Don't worry about it. They are just collecting evidence for the indictment at this point.
  3. samcraig macrumors P6

Jun 22, 2009
    ATT will add a data package to your bill - rest assured. It might take a bit for it to register on their network/billing but you'll no doubt see it added and also get messages (pop ups) indicating that it's required to have a data plan with the phone
  4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

Aug 17, 2007
    Agreed. At some point at&t will figure this out and you will be charged appropriately.
  5. galenmd thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2008
    That's totally cool by me. I am certainly willing to pay for whatever is used. I just assumed that any data would be billed at the going rate. As soon as I see how much this is, I would add a limited data plan. Right now, I estimate his usage to be only a few MB/month, so for now, I'll just let things roll.