Not getting email notifications Series 4

trickness

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Hey all - just got my Series 4 aluminum Space Gray yesterday, and I've figure out pretty much everything I need it to do, but for the life of me I cannot get it to give me notifications on emails. I've tried mirroring my iPhone, I have iCloud notifications set to "Allow"in the Apple Watch app on my phone - not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have sound & haptics set to high, text message work perfectly, just can't get email happening.

Anyone else having this issue? I haven't seen any other threads about this issue so I'm guessing I must have the configuration wrong, although this is such basic functionality I can't see why I can't get it to work. Thanks!

mrwilly25

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2015
No issues here getting mail notifications on my Series 4 Space Grey that I just got.

On iPhone, make sure the Mail Notifications have Sound and Vibrate on. On the Watch, have it Mirror the phone.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2013
This place is full of people saying the same thing LOL

It’s an acknowledged bug by Apple
If it is acknowledged by Apple, why is it then when I chatted with support they said there was no known issue? I think there is a disconnect going on.

Do you know where Apple specifically acknowledged it?

Thanks

JT2002TJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2013
^^^^^

One of the other 66,666 posts about it mentioned it was raised with, and acknowledged by Apple. Don’t know which one though sorry

Edit: found the link one of the other posts referred to:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/33910428?start=0&tstart=0

I haven’t read it all, I’m just going by what another member says.
Thanks for the link. I still have yet to see or personally hear Apple acknowledge the issue. I chatted with support and they said it was not a known issue (I specifically asked stating that many online forums have users reporting it).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.