Not getting great battery life from the SE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Emergo, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Emergo macrumors member

ive used it for days and for each day I've had used up the entire battery life. Not sure what people are impressed about. Do I have a defected battery? I even turned off battery refresh.

2. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

From what most people are saying, the SE has really great battery life. Your battery is either defective or an app is using it in the background a lot. Go to Settings and then battery, wait for it to load, and see if there is an app taking a large percent of the battery.

3. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

Screenshot showing app usage and battery time would be helpful...also what level screen brightness .

4. Emergo thread starter macrumors member

I would say I'm a heavy user. I'm getting 6 hours per 100% charge. Heavy user that plays no games. Only tinder app, Facebook, Instagram, Safari.

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Also when you have a nice new shiny phone, you tend to look at it and pick it up more. Wait a few days for the novelty factor to wear off and let it slip into your normal routine. Then it may not look so bad.

6. aohus macrumors 68000

thats about right if you use it heavily with the screen on almost the entire time

people are huping ghe battery life too much. you get better battery life than the 6s, but certainly not more than the plus

7. pcoventry76 macrumors member

I get about a day and a half to 2 days. However when I charge it I link it to my Imac. As many know the Imac will do up to 100W for an Iphone or Ipad due to the Apple handshake that they do so my SE charges in around 40 minutes when plugged into the Imac.

8. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

Let me get this straight......6 hours a day of Tinder/Instagram/Facebook/Safari? On a 4" screen? And you'd like better battery performance because you want to be able to spend even more time each day doing those things on your cell phone?

Just trying to wrap my head around which problem I should comment on.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Right now I am at 67% battery with 17 hours standby and 2h57min usage.

10. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I don't think it's necessary to judge the OP's usage habits, here. What matters is whether or not they are getting the proper battery life for their usage.

11. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

Hey, I was planning on being helpful.....you don't think that getting a girlfriend, a job, and friends in real life would completely solve his problem?? ;)

But in all seriousness, there is no way to diagnose his particular problem because there are far too many variables involved. It could simply be that poor data signal strength is draining his battery much more rapidly where he is then people who live in better coverage areas.

12. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

100W? Come again?

13. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Facebook kills the battery fast even on my 6S Plus. With many of my friends being on non Apple devices, we text through the FB Messenger app and that thing is a hog, too.

I do have most notifications on FB turned off and don't let it access my location or the camera or anything besides my photos. I won't even let it touch my contacts. I've got it as isolated as I can get it because it will suck resources otherwise.

Your iPhone seems to be holding up reasonably well to me. I'm not familiar with Tinder so you may want to check their support forums to see if other users have issues with their app. I am not familiar with Instagram, either.

14. rsbacon macrumors member

rsbacon

Psshh...my Mac Pro charges it in 10 minutes, thanks to Power Multithreading in the Xeon processor cores

15. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

This made me lol.

16. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

I was at 78% with 2hr and 30min of usage with 13hr and 30min of standby on a fresh install of 9.3.1. Facebook is the biggest offender and beginning to think I need to kill the notifications and everything on FB. W/ that said, it "feels" like I'm getting pretty good battery life for being inside my house with a not so great signal.

17. oMc macrumors 6502

oMc

So he can be a smartass like you and give life lessons to strangers on internet? Looks promising.

18. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

Humor doesn't always translate across cultures, or a message board for that matter, but it was supposed to be funny..... I absolutely 100% do not care one bit about what he does with his time, or his phone.

19. aohus macrumors 68000

i just stick with fb mobile webpage. although i do have to use the fb@work since my company requires it.

ill be doing some more thorough testing come saturday when i can actually use it throughout the day and see what my battery life results are.

even with the inferior color saturation i prefer this display over the 6.

20. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

That's a good idea...I may start doing that with using the mobile website. Now that I went back down to 4" I'm thinking it may be just a tad small. I love the form factor, but the screen is just almost too small after being used to many Note's and 6+'s over the last few years. If Apple could keep the 5 design, thin the bezels, and give us a 4.3" screen I think it would be perfect. But that's neither here nor there. Plus 720P on the 4.3.

I must say, I was out and about yesterday and being able to easily stuff my SE into any pocket I felt like was a sigh of relief. While I use tapatalk for most of my web forum browsing needs, my eyes aren't getting any younger and quickly glancing at a few forums that you have to use the full site on and not the mobile site (as they suck), I must say is the one time I really miss the size of a 5 inch or more screen. But hey, I knew that trade off would happen, going back to the SE.

Still getting amazing battery life however. Now I'm just getting anxious for a new jailbreak. I'm sure my battery might suffer a little then.

21. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Mine is great. I charge my phone every 2 days - got ~10h usage with ~39h standby last night. Coming from using Android phones I religiously tweak all my settings though, and I turned off a lot of apps' blanket access to everything, leaving just the necessary permissions on apps that I actually care about.

22. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I am getting two days worth out of moderate use from mine before having to recharge. Mine only dropped 1% last night while I was sleeping.

23. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

don't worry, I've never gotten more than a day out of any smartphone I used... The so called 'heavy users' that claim to charge once every 2-3 days do not know the meaning of heavy usage, I suspect.

24. GoneDrinkin macrumors regular

I'm someone who's constantly using snapchat, whatsapp, messenger and safari and I can understand where he's coming from. I know for my age group if you're not talking to someone in person, you're messaging someone else. If I was just getting 6 hours usage for doing those basic things I wouldn't be satisfied either. My 2.5 year old 5S with a dead battery even gets 4-5 hours usage.

25. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The Apple Faithful always brag about "bests" of each new model, true or false. It's how Apple Devotees act.