Not getting new iPhone while acting logically

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gregintosh, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I’ve decided I won’t get the new iPhones. I’m on a 7 plus and the 8 plus doesn’t feel like a huge upgrade. The X will be sold out for months and it’s way more expensive than I’d wanna spend. Plus, generation one products always have Issues and this is pretty much a generation one product with all the changes.

So what am I to do? Nothing! Just keeping my 7 plus another year. Still a great phone which I enjoy using. I did buy a mophie case for it which added wireless charging and gives me the extra battery power I need without carrying around a power bank like I used to. No biggie!

For some reason, sooooo many people feel like they have to do something drastic, which makes no sense. You see the posts like “that’s it, feature X isn’t what I hope for, I’m going android!”

It makes no sense to me. If you’re an iPhone user happy with your phone, you can keep using it for probably many years. Just cause Apple announced a new phone and you don’t wanna get it doesn’t mean you have to switch platforms, trade in your phone for a different model, or really anything.

Just log off the forums for a while and enjoy living life. Then before you know it, Apple might release another model or config that works for you.

If you really need a phone cause yours is busted and think the new ones are overpriced, pick up a 7 or even 6s model. They’ll be half the price of a new one and in daily use you probably won’t see a difference anyway.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm going to wait for the X Sim-Free and see what gates and issues people have with their X once they receive them. I'll determine then if I'm moving forward with the X.

3. Moneoa macrumors regular

Moneoa

It’s always best to wait for the “s” upgrade as it refines the rough edges with the new releases. With the X and series 3 LTE I’ll wait until next years release

4. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

You know...i respect you. You're just looking out for yourself by being rational buyer. 7 series are great...but if you felt "meh" then you know you made a right choice. +1

5. Bmore Suspended

Or another post about NOT GETTING THE X

6. Moneoa macrumors regular

Moneoa

An incredibly useful thing when seeing something that bothers you is to ignore it

7. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

I'm trading in my 7 plus for the 8 plus since I won't be getting the X or next years version of the X.
    I'd rather have an 8 plus for two years or so than have a 7 plus for 3.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I Think initially when you purchase a device that is mass produced in to the millions, you will have those on a tech site that will report issues they have come across with the hardware. Ultimately, some will wait it out and avoid certain issues from launch day devices. But with the demand of the iPhone X this year, production will be while before it has stock regularly.

9. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

Apple has made me mad! I'm switching to Windows Phone 7!

10. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Personally, buy the cheapest iPhone that meets your needs. Or stick with the iPhone you already have.

Just ask yourself, "why do I really want this?"

Are the reasons good or bad?

OLED screens and animated poop faces? Does this really solve problems you have with the iPhone you already own. I bet not.

There's your answer.