Not getting notifications ever since iOS 10

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dnest, Sep 17, 2016.

1. dnest macrumors regular

dnest

Ever since I downloaded iOS 10 and the new Watch OS, I haven't been getting every notification on my watch. I will get a few here and there, but the majority of my notifications do not show up on my watch. All my settings are ok and I've already re-paired the watch to my phone. Anyone else having this issue?

2. ivanwi11iams macrumors 65816

ivanwi11iams

If your phone screen is on at the time a new message comes in, your watch will not notify you...(that's how it is for me)...

3. dnest thread starter macrumors regular

dnest

I'm aware of that.

4. ivanwi11iams macrumors 65816

ivanwi11iams

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I had this happen but only with iMessage. I basically just unpaired and repaired and it has been find since.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Like said about unpaid and repair. Reboot both devices.

7. ivanwi11iams macrumors 65816

ivanwi11iams

...ah, but, he\she might be aware of that ;)

8. dnest thread starter macrumors regular

dnest

It's been happening with iMessage, ESPN, and GroupMe most often. I've noticed it happens when I'm getting a lot of notifications in a short amount of time.

Did it again last night. We'll see how it goes today.

I wasn't trying to be snarky with you so you can stop feeling offended.

9. ivanwi11iams macrumors 65816

ivanwi11iams

...thus far, working correctly, or?
    Also, what if you restart BOTH the phone and then the watch (in that order)?

10. dnest thread starter macrumors regular

dnest

Well I unexpectedly got my iPhone 7 today and so far so good.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

In wondering if what happened is what I experienced. You paired with the new phone and all is right? I hope it's a one time bug and it's not something I have to do again and again. So far so good.

12. Justim macrumors 6502

I'm having a similar problem.

If the iPhone is unlocked, I don't get any notifications on my watch. If my Mac is unlocked, I don't get any notifications on my iPhone OR my watch. It's really annoying. I want notifications to pop up on all 3 at the same time. Or at least all route to my watch as the primary.

I don't know why, but my Mac seems to be a dictator. My Bluetooth headphones usually connect to the last paired device (like my iPhone or iPad) BUT if my Mac is unlocked, it forces the headphones to connect to it. I have to delete the headphones in preferences to stop this from happening.

13. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I am having the same issue with notifications from the news app. I get maybe 1 out of every 10 notifications. I get notifications for everything else though. I figure an un-pair and re-pair would do the trick. But since my iPhone 7 is coming in three days I figure I'd just wait until then. Hopefully this resolves my issues like it resolved yours.

14. Gsmaniac macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm having problems with this too. Mainly snapchat for me and the odd imessage not coming through. Have tried repairing but still not working.

15. Curryb244 macrumors newbie

I have this same problem in a way, when my Watch is off my wrist and locked it still handles all my notifications and my phone stays silent

16. bojj80 macrumors newbie

I just got my new Apple watch. Notifications for my text messages worked last night for a few messages, now no sound or haptic alerts. I've been on the phone with senior advisor at Apple, we went through unpairing, rechecking all settings and now he's sending the diagnostic info from my phone to the engineers. I noticed this was a big problem with the first watch series, would think they would have addressed it by now.