Not getting phone calls thru my Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by edtorious, Jun 16, 2015.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

Can anyone confirm how phone calls work on Apple Watch? I feel like it's very inconsistent and could not find any support in Apple Watch user guide. If the iPhone is locked or unlocked and I get a phone call, should I get a phone call alert on both my iPhone and Apple Watch? What about if my iPhone is on wifi? Does it matter if I'm wifi or not? Should I still get phone call alert on both my iPhone and Apple Watch no matter what the situation is?

My problem is when I'm at home and my iPhone is connected to wifi and I get a call, my Apple Watch does not alert me at all most of the time. And sometimes, if I do get a call alert on both my iPhone and Apple Watch, once I raise my wrist to answer the call on my Apple Watch, for some reason it will hang up the phone call and I asked the person who called me to see if they hanged up before I answered and they said No and they told me that their call when straight thru voicemail and same thing happens even if I'm connected to cellular and not wifi. I've tried resetting the Apple Watch but still no dice. I don't really want to have to unpair and pair the watch back. Any suggestions?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Is your Apple watch within Bluetooth range when you get a call? I'm not sure if you can take a call over WiFi.

3. MaulRx Suspended

It's never really worked for me. Lag mostly in any distance or connection setting

4. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

5. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

Yes they are within bluetooth range.

6. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

Thanks, I tried this and it is inconsistent. But I always leave my bluetooth and wifi on all the time anyway so even if my Apple Watch is not connected to wifi, it should work thru bluetooth correct?

7. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Do you have your phone open when you are missing the calls? The phone has to be at a lock screen for the watch to get calls, notifications or calls. (calls work via bluetooth until watchOS2.0 and then it will work on wifi as well.)

8. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Correct.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Don't know when you bought yours but after WatchOS 1.0.1 updated on my AW messages and phone calls stopped showing on my watch. The only thing that worked for me was to unpair and start setup from scratch. PITA but the AW does backup your settings so you don't have to reconfigure everything. Since I did that it's been working fine.