Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archer75

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
I'm not getting a lot of notifications from apps on my new iphone 6s+. They are setup to notify me. And background refresh is on. But compared to my android phone with the same apps and same settings I get a ton of notifications for those apps on android but none in ios. Primarily news apps. I do get them for messaging apps. Some of my games. Missed calls and voicemails come through. VIP messages work. None from ESPN. Myscore doesn't give me as many as android and they are very delayed. I have two package tracking apps installed to test with. I got a very late notification from one of them and none from the other. Meanwhile on my android the same app is giving me regular notifications of transit updates on it.
I do get all the notifications on my ipad air 2.

Also, in mail, it doesn't download my messages. I will get a notification if a VIP message comes through but I have to manually refresh it to get my other messages. I have it set to fetch every 15 minutes but that's not happening. The gmail app on the phone does auto update my messages, just not the apple mail app. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
This is just an iOS issue I have concluded. I just just a long notice in the comments of an app last night for not doing this, but got tons on my Android. I don't get it. I do know notifications suck on iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.