Not getting sound on Instagram videos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tmurray315, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Tmurray315 macrumors regular

It's weird my volume works for everything but when I go on Instagram the videos play no sound. I turn the switch to vibrate and back on video starts playing sound then it stops working again anyone know why?

2. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

When you're in Instagram, go to Settings > Video > Sound. And make sure "When Ringer is On" is selected.

3. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

4. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I have mine off so it doesn't play loud in the mornings. When off you can still tap the top right equalizer sort of thing and the sound will play.

5. knps1777 macrumors newbie

When I click into instagram > setting > there is no video area. I am only seeing contacts / photos / microphone / camera as areas to edit settings. I double checked that I don't have any new updates. Help!

6. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Rebooting your phone?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

This should be in settings within the Instagram app, not within the iOS Settings app.

8. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

That post was from two years ago... Things have changed since then. Like C DM said, you should be looking at the settings within the Instagram app. But it looks like on the current Instagram app for iOS, there is no audio setting. So videos should play with audio by default if your ringer is turned on; and if you have your phone on silent, you should be able to enable audio by tapping on the video.