Not getting "stand" credit

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eclipse01, May 21, 2019.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

My wife stands all day at work, however, it seems to not give her credit. Any ideas why?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

It detects movement rather than just standing. They'll need to move around a good few metres for at least one minute straight before it would close.

If they get prompted to move (normally happens at 10 minutes to the hour if it hasn't detected any movement), I'd recommend they walk from one end of the office to the other and that should tick one off.

Depends on the length of the office of course but that normally works. It's a lot more difficult to close if I'm just at home!

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

They Apple watch has no idea if you are standing or not. If she will walk some each hour, she will be credited!

4. Bballrob macrumors regular

Bballrob

It should be called the move ring instead because as already stated, that’s what really gives credit. I can wave my arm around for a bit when I get the notification at 50 after the hour without ever standing up and I get the credit.

5. millerj123 macrumors 65816

Yeah, it seems to be right about 40-45 seconds.

6. kohlson macrumors 68000

I've gotten credit while driving in stop-and-go traffic in Boston. But the rest of the time it prompts me to get up and walk a bit. I feel better for doing so.

7. MiniMoney macrumors newbie

From my experience, it’s based on the angle of the arm wearing the watch. If the arm is hanging straight down, it perceives it as standing. I was once sitting at a friend’s dinner table for several hours. Whenever I got the notification to stand, I just let my arm hang down for one minute. I got all my stand credits without getting up. Does your wife have her arms always bent when she’s standing?