Not going to believe it switched back to a mbp!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, May 8, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I had issues with the 2.4Ghz macbook where the gpu would scrabble with weird colors on boot and other times it wont pick up the harddrive as well. Not to mention external speakers made popping noises everytime sound would come on... so I paid the extra $500 and opted for the mbp.

At least it has the led screen that I love, multitouch and now I can play the occasional call of duty 4 and external speakers work fine as well (I got huge speakers for music so works fine).

No dead/stuck pixels screen looks vivid and awesome and now I'm done exchanging. Unless this laptop explodes I'm not going back to the apple store.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

errm, why would I not believe it? I much prefer MBP's over MB's. Glad you are happy.

3. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Hopefully you'll have a flawless experience with your MBP.

4. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

Because of all the times he has switched models back and forth recently.

@jjahshik32: Sounds like this one is another 15" MBP, right? Any screen buzz or other issues you've noticed so far?

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I think you finally got the best choice. I got a 2.4 MBP this week after having a MB for 5 months, and it was the best move I ever made. Congrats, you are going to love it.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Because this is something like his 8th machine in the last 8 weeks.

My money's on him moving over to a Mini + 23" ACD on Tuesday.

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

especially if they release new Minis

jj im glad you finally saw the light

8. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I would have kept the macbook if it didnt have that weird gpu color issue and freezing plus not picking up my hdd and had to reinstall twice and that audio pop issue was annoying as hell...

Anyways I love the macbook pro, I missed fw800, led gorgeous screen,aluminum design,louder speakers, dedicated gpu is nice it does seem to make some difference connected to the 23" ACD. With the mini dvi I had some problems with it connected to the macbook.. sometimes it doesnt pick it up or it freezes in shell mode as well. It seems abit more fluid connected with a dedicated gpu now with dual mode and I dont know if this part is me or not but the colors look a bit better on the 23" ACD with the nvidia.

This is it, no mini for me even if it gets updated. Even if June the new macbook/macbook pro with montevina are released I will keep this mbp until Nehalem.

9. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

So let me see if I got this right.

Mac Pro
    15" MBP
    Macbook Air
    17" MBP
    Macbook
    15" MBP

Did you do the 7k200 HD upgrade yourself?