Not going to give up my tethering for 4

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
I got a first gen iphone so I doubt the update will do me any good anyway. Its Mywi till I decide what portable wifi access point carrier I want to go with.

good heads up, because a lot of folks will update forgetting it will destroy their Jail Break.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Tethering is necessary...

Im in the same boat you are- i literally don't have an internet connection at home- so i need mywi to power my desktop, 2 laptops and iPad.

Im hopeful that there is a jailbreak available for iphone os 4 that will enable mywi!

Ps: anybody that doesn't agree with my use of the 3g network, kindly keep your opinions to yourself.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
I use my work phone a vzw palm pre plus with the mobile hotspot app and it works wonderfully. I can connect 5 devices to it and now since the device hasn't been too popular they are no longer charging to use the app. :D

pondie84

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
This isn't the iPhone forum :)

Thanks for letting us know though. Have you tried emailing Steve Jobs about it? Perhaps if he knows tttexxan is unhappy with OS 4.0 they can manage to change it for you.

mj1108

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
California
This isn't the iPhone forum :)

Thanks for letting us know though. Have you tried emailing Steve Jobs about it? Perhaps if he knows tttexxan is unhappy with OS 4.0 they can manage to change it for you.
Tethering is a sin. Your name has been forwarded to AT&T.

Steve

kes601

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
What I plan on doing is getting a new iPhone this summer (assuming new hardware is released) and just swap the sim between the new one and my 3G. This of course assumes the new hardware uses a regular sim card.