"Not gonna use a bumper, WAITING FOR A REAL ANTENNA FIX" thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whocaresit, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

The antenna fix doesn't really have to be a total redesign, it could be something as simple as altering production process to spray non-conductive layer on top of the metal band. C'mon Apple, do something! :mad:

Any one feeling the same way?

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You are an ********** genius! Most people on this forum are just complaining..you've come up with an utterly original fix! :rolleyes:

3. Samar7 macrumors member

shut up ffs. I've had enough of reading stupid moaning posts on this forum.

4. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

I guess you'll wait for iP5 then champ. Or you could wait until an AT&T tower pops up in your yard. There is no problem. It is perceptual. Attenuation is natural. After all these whining threads macrumours followers may too begin attenuating.

5. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Yeah, god forbid you should exercise a minimal amount of willpower and not read them, hmm?

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Or you can just not hold it the way you are holding and make steve jobs happy.

7. nednarm macrumors 6502

It's difficult when nearly every thread posted nowadays is a moan about the antenna or proximity sensor.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

So don't read the thread.

9. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Apparently you like them, you entered the thread AND posted. The title clearly stated what its about. Just saying.

But I think some sort of layer/spray would be a quiet and simple fix if possible.

10. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Now now now, few on this site are interested in science or natural laws or math or anything else that might refute the claim that evolution is a lie, Apple created the universe and is perfect in every conceivable way. Take it outside... :D

11. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Why don't you do the "simple" alteration on your iPhone 4 and let us know how it works?

12. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I'm not. They had a press conference to address this. They discussed what they found, how many people bitch about it, and what they've decided to do about it.

If you don't like the phone, return it.

13. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

No, and I'll tell you why. Apple will eventually incorporate a fix. Jobs mixed up the two issues in his little parade the other day and I tend to think it was intentional to confuse the non-scientific, which is 99% of everyone. But they're not going "fix" the phones they've already sold and there's no point in suggesting it further. I know it's broken, I know why it's broken, I can prove it's broken and I can prove that one of the two issues, the more serious of the two and the one Jobs didn't mention, is unique to the iPhone 4. You know what that gets me? Aside from grief from the obviously uneducated, nothing. So I don't care. That doesn't mean I'm going to buy anything else from Apple, but the phone I have works when it's in a case.

Which reminds me, I guess no one enjoyed the irony of Jobs suggesting that you should put his once claimed "beautiful art" in a case if you want to guarantee a problem free experience. I thought it was pretty funny.

14. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

They will fix the antenna. Only have 11 months to go. Have a nice year.

15. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Maybe Apple can start doing free training sessions at their stores where they show people how to hold the phone correctly. I still don't know how the hell I'm supposed to hold this thing in my left hand without dropping from five bars to "No Service" ...

16. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

A. Highly doubtful apple will bother changing a hardware fix especially after CR said "Bumper fixes iPhone 4 antenna issues" (This gives them a free pass to simply forget about it and give out bumpers.)

B. If they did revamp the hardware slightly then they would have to replace every phone because if they didn't, then they would get the worst press coverage imaginable and that press coverage will be way worse than the one they just had to deal with.

In other words, go get your iPhone 4.

17. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I doubt they would do this. The 3 million people that bought one already would be pissed if any modification was made, including a sprayed on coating.

From a business stand point (that is to say, a financial standpoint) Apple already made out like bandits in the first month. It would be way cheaper to keep selling the i4 as is and then launch the i5 (or whatever they will call it) next summer.

I hate to beat a dead horse here- I know a lot of people are having issues, but a lot of us are not. I would never settle for the antenna/proximity issues a lot of users are having. I would simply return the phone. There are other choices out there and if all you do is complain about the iPhone 4 than perhaps it is not the choice for you.

18. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Well you are going to be waiting for the iPhone 5 then.

Apple will not be doing a major hardware change to fix the antenna issue in the near future. If they did, then millions of users will want to exchange their current ip4 for a "new one".

These are going to be your options.

1. Use a case or bumper. Problem Solved.
    2. Don't hold it is a way that it bridges the two antenna.
    3. Get an invisible shield if you want the closest look you can to a "naked phone"

Yes Apple screwed up on this one. You can demand all you want until you are blue in the face that you want a naked iPhone 4 without this problem. Not going to happen (anytime soon anyway).

Is having a case/bumper, really that big of a deal?

♫If you don't want an iPhone 4......♫

19. xmtgx macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Or you can just **** already. There's a million threads saying the EXACT same thing.

20. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

I bought a Bumper at launch, before people started reporting problems. I like that it offers a small amount of protection (raises the phone just enough to be set down on a flat surface) and has a fairly impressive build quality to it.

I don't use it all the time because I have some accessories that don't fit with the Bumper on.. But I haven't really had any problems holding my iPhone 4 in my usual way, either. Shot a quick video using my old 3GS. I'm left-handed and my little finger is usually covering the area at the bottom, where the line is.

Have a look, if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0cDQPTFz5s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.