Not Gonna Wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ppfd, Apr 14, 2007.

  1. ppfd macrumors regular

    ppfd

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2007
    Location:
    West Virginia USA
    #1
    Hello all,

    Long time lerker here! Anyway I'm not going to bother you all with the same tired question of "should I wait, or should I buy now". I did a lot of reading and research on this forum and decided to pull the trigger on a 13" Macbook!
    2Ghz, 1G mem, superdrive white model. I need it before this fall due to education reasons, I am finishing my Nursing degree and need a laptop. I've had an interest in Macs for some time and patiently waited for Leopard to arrive, now I can't wait any more!:D

    I need to learn how to use the darned thing before this fall. And if any major hardware upgrades come along, or I feel I cant live with out the "spotted o/s" I figure I can flip it on Ebay pretty easy.

    I do have a question I read some posts stating to wait until this week end for word on new hardware? Whats this about? And can anyone recommend a good soft sleeve for the 13" model?
    Thanks and I'll most likely have a tone of ??'s in the future!
    Tony
     
  2. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

    dartzorichalcos

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2007
    Location:
    Atlantis
    #2
    It's NAB, check this thread.
    Congratulations for choosing to get a mac:).
     
  3. msms8126 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2007
    #3
    I don't think I can wait either

    Being in the same boat as you, I am thinking of just going for it instead of waiting...but I am curious about an upgrade...if and when Leopard makes it's appearance, how easy/cost effective is it to upgrade your 6 month old computer to the new system? Has anyone ever upgraded? Is it worth it?:confused:
     
  4. BashBash macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2007
    #4
    I'm kinda in the same situation as you are. Though I need to upgrade from my 1 and half yr old laptop PC (being a total pain with it's problems), I was waiting for the Leopard to arrive this spring, but can't happen. So, after talking to a few of my friends, I'm just gonna go ahead and buy my MacBook right now, but at the same time I wanna wait for the new stuff to arrive... It's a tough call, so either wait 'til October for Leopard, with a possible introduction of a new Macs (with Leopard and/or Santa Rosa) or get my Mac now and if I really need the upgrade to Leopard do it then?? I can't decide which way to go...

    It'll cost me $200-$400 to fix my laptop PC, so I don't think it's worth it... Can anyone suggest something to me, considering my situation??? Thanks :)
     
  5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    #5
    i just pulled the trigger yesterday on the same machine. gets here tuesday. i can't wait! :D
     
  6. Jookbox macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2002
    #6
    no new hardware
     
  7. airfang macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2007
    #7
    congratulations~

    I just ordered a 17 MBP last Thursday, but it's not yet shipped... can't wait!!!!!
    There won't be a hardware upgrade at least until Intel announces Santa Rosa, IMHO. So pull the trigger asap, let the Macbook serve u.
     
  8. Minyall macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2006
    #8
    I've got a 13" Macbook and I bought myself a be.ez sleeve. I'm really happy with it, its made out of a resistant yet giving material so that it takes all the pressure of anything pushing against it without transfering it to the laptop. It's also got a lip on the inside protecting the laptop from zip scratches. I tried a couple of other sleeves before but this is the one I felt best protected it.

    http://www.be-ez.com/prod_larobeclassic.html
     

Share This Page