Not Gonna Wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ppfd, Apr 14, 2007.

1. ppfd macrumors regular

ppfd

Hello all,

Long time lerker here! Anyway I'm not going to bother you all with the same tired question of "should I wait, or should I buy now". I did a lot of reading and research on this forum and decided to pull the trigger on a 13" Macbook!
    2Ghz, 1G mem, superdrive white model. I need it before this fall due to education reasons, I am finishing my Nursing degree and need a laptop. I've had an interest in Macs for some time and patiently waited for Leopard to arrive, now I can't wait any more!:D

I need to learn how to use the darned thing before this fall. And if any major hardware upgrades come along, or I feel I cant live with out the "spotted o/s" I figure I can flip it on Ebay pretty easy.

I do have a question I read some posts stating to wait until this week end for word on new hardware? Whats this about? And can anyone recommend a good soft sleeve for the 13" model?
    Thanks and I'll most likely have a tone of ??'s in the future!
    Tony

2. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

It's NAB, check this thread.
    Congratulations for choosing to get a mac:).

3. msms8126 macrumors newbie

I don't think I can wait either

Being in the same boat as you, I am thinking of just going for it instead of waiting...but I am curious about an upgrade...if and when Leopard makes it's appearance, how easy/cost effective is it to upgrade your 6 month old computer to the new system? Has anyone ever upgraded? Is it worth it?:confused:

4. BashBash macrumors newbie

I'm kinda in the same situation as you are. Though I need to upgrade from my 1 and half yr old laptop PC (being a total pain with it's problems), I was waiting for the Leopard to arrive this spring, but can't happen. So, after talking to a few of my friends, I'm just gonna go ahead and buy my MacBook right now, but at the same time I wanna wait for the new stuff to arrive... It's a tough call, so either wait 'til October for Leopard, with a possible introduction of a new Macs (with Leopard and/or Santa Rosa) or get my Mac now and if I really need the upgrade to Leopard do it then?? I can't decide which way to go...

It'll cost me $200-$400 to fix my laptop PC, so I don't think it's worth it... Can anyone suggest something to me, considering my situation??? Thanks :)

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i just pulled the trigger yesterday on the same machine. gets here tuesday. i can't wait! :D

6. Jookbox macrumors 6502

no new hardware

7. airfang macrumors regular

congratulations~

I just ordered a 17 MBP last Thursday, but it's not yet shipped... can't wait!!!!!
    There won't be a hardware upgrade at least until Intel announces Santa Rosa, IMHO. So pull the trigger asap, let the Macbook serve u.

8. Minyall macrumors newbie

I've got a 13" Macbook and I bought myself a be.ez sleeve. I'm really happy with it, its made out of a resistant yet giving material so that it takes all the pressure of anything pushing against it without transfering it to the laptop. It's also got a lip on the inside protecting the laptop from zip scratches. I tried a couple of other sleeves before but this is the one I felt best protected it.

http://www.be-ez.com/prod_larobeclassic.html