Not Happy About My Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by noodle654, Aug 9, 2007.

1. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I have an iBook G4 1.42GHz 14.1" and I sent it in for its second repair on Tuesday August 7th and I just got it back today. My past repair was excellent, but this one was worse. My problem was with the my mouse, so they replaced the keyboard and the top panel of the iBook. I had no problem with that. But, somehow they made my computer even worse. I noticed once I took my iBook off of the sleve, the top of my computer was scratched and scuffed in new spots and it had black scuff marks. I then looked on the bottom to see more black scuff everywhere. Then I noticed that on the left side where the Firewire and USB ports are, the panel that protects them is coming off. THEN I noticed under where it says iBook G4, the casing that protects the LCD is coming off. I am very unhappy and I have called Apple and they are taking it back and totally repairing it. But I am worried that when I get it back that there might be more problems. This repair made my angry because now I have to send my computer back again!!

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

if you make a big enough stink - or it comes back even worse - you can probably get a new computer out of them. i've heard of people whose repairs go horribly wrong (yours is minor compared to some other problems) and Apple replaces their machine.

whatever happens, good luck and i hope you get your computer back soon. i hate to be away from mine for too long.

3. noodle654 thread starter macrumors 68020

noodle654

If it comes back worse, what do they replace my computer with?? I would expect probably a MacBook?

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

yes, they'd likely give you a MacBook. but just wait to see what happens next. don't count on anything until you're sure about what's going on; i.e., don't get your hopes up for a new machine before you get your current one back.

5. Wipeout macrumors member

Sorry to learn from your mistakes, but I think I will be taking LOTS of hi res pictures of my laptop before it ever goes in to the shop.

What you are describing is totally unacceptable.

Hope it works out favorably.