Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jinxednuance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
I am not sure why, but my Air base model seems to disappoint.

1. I've had a flickering screen more than 3 times now. It is something I've never experienced in any computer I've ever had.

2. Almost every time I wake up the computer from an overnight sleep, I have to restart because it simply doesn't respond. And even if it did, I'd have to wait at least 15 to 30 seconds for it to respond.

That's a little disappointing so I've contacted the Apple store and decided to get the refurb ultimate. I hope I'm not disappointed with that one too.

simeezee

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009

1. I've had a flickering screen more than 3 times now. It is something I've never experienced in any computer I've ever had.

2. Almost every time I wake up the computer from an overnight sleep, I have to restart because it simply doesn't respond. And even if it did, I'd have to wait at least 15 to 30 seconds for it to respond.

That's a little disappointing so I've contacted the Apple store and decided to get the refurb ultimate. I hope I'm not disappointed with that one too.

Regarding the MBA not responding after sleep happens to me too sometimes. But definitely not every night.

Skydivincoastie

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2008
Same here...My base 11'' is the best Mac I've owned so far...everyone saying you need 4GB is just crazy! I've opened tons of apps, and no problems or errors!

iNotion

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Singapore
you have a "Need For Speed". :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.