Not happy with myself, or Apple

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
Well, I call Apple about my replacement PM for the one that came in DOA. Well, the don't have a refurb dual 2ghz PCI-X ready yet, so the estimate is sometime in the next 2 weeks! I've been sitting around in my apt for the last day or so waiting for a box to show up (because they hadn't given me a tracking number) and they don't even have one to send out yet! Oh well, at least I know what the heck is going on. If they don't have a machine for me then I think I may request a new dual 2.3ghz, I want my damn PCI-X and 8gb of ram motherboard!
 

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
2,126
1
Indiana
That is a HUGE load of bullcrap! They should not have told you overnight if they knew they were going to have to wait for another computer to come in :mad: These are the kind of things about Apple that really pisses me off. I sent back my dead powerbook almost 2 weeks ago now (it was received 10 days ago) and I have yet to see a credit on my account. Dell credited me within 48 hours of receiving the returned unit when I mailed a computer back to them.

I would call customer relations and raise hell that you want a computer with PCI-X now, and if that means they have to give you a 2.3 then that is what it means. The number is 800-767-2775. Best of luck to you!
 

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
4,360
367
I think you should try and get higher up the ladder and START YELLING!
saying stuff like THIS IS MY 2-3K computer, and I WANT IT NOW! or something like that saying that you could pay the difference for the 2.3GHz and make up something saying I need this for work desperatley and ... yada yada yada.
Hope you don't have to wait that long, because that is rediculous...
Do you have another Mac to tide you over?
Boy, do I feel for you man :(

EDIT: nevermind, i looked at your sig.. so you do have a Mac to keep you busy, but that must be one hell of a wait... + torture!
 

jane doe

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
315
0
yelling is gonna get you less then you think.... You get better results being nice then yelling and pitching a fit. There are things that can be done but I promise you'll get nowhere yelling at the people.
 

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
I'm not going to be yelling at anyone. And I will give them their two weeks, but if they don't have a computer on its way by then they will get a call and I will be getting a refurb 2.3ghz, I paid for a PCI-X computer and I that's what I'm getting, one way or another.
 

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
2,126
1
Indiana
joecool85 said:
I'm not going to be yelling at anyone. And I will give them their two weeks, but if they don't have a computer on its way by then they will get a call and I will be getting a refurb 2.3ghz, I paid for a PCI-X computer and I that's what I'm getting, one way or another.
You are a patient individual ;)
 

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
1,551
22
call corporate and ask to speak with customer relations. express your frustration and see what they offer you...
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
I would still recommend giving Apple a call. As mentioned be polite, but firm. You could always ask for a supervisor. I don't understand why you would settle for a refurb? If I paid for new, I would expect new.
 

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
I didn't pay for new. I paid for a dual 2ghz REFURB with the PCI-X and 8gb ram motherboard. I could have bought new for only a little more with my edu discount, but I liked the motherboard on this one better. And I did give Apple a call. I'm ok with being patient, I work in retail and have to deal with ******* customers all the time and quite frankly, it sucks. So I know how they feel. And they are doing all they can. If they can't get me my computer in the time they said they would, THEN I will start to express my frustration and expect a computer with PCI-X, wether it be 2ghz, 2.3ghz new or old.
 

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
2,952
0
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Many Apple resellers like CompUSA and others still have NEW IN BOX G5 2.0 GHz Rev B's available.

Most are still asking around $1,899, but I'll be you can get the store manager
to drop the price if you locate one.

You simply need to search by model # VPN-M9455LL/A
PMG5/2.0DP/512MB/160/SD/GF5200
 

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
4,360
367
Maybe me yelling idea was a bad one :eek: :p haha

That sucks man, are you going to give them a call and see if you can speed up the proccess somehow?
 

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
14,859
57
Re: Not happy with myself, or Apple

Don't know how to go about making you happy with yourself.

I can recommend drugs from a head shrinker, a head shrink alone, or a drastic change in you body (get in shape, lose weight, plastic surgery, etc.)

Or simply a new tar.

:p
 

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
The only reason I felt bad about myself was that I hadn't called earlier and so I was thinking I would get one soon, so I was waiting around for Fedex and meanwhile Apple hasn't even gotten one they can send me. It's all good I guess.
 

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
2,663
0
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Just because you ordered a refub doesn't mean you are entitle to poor service. It is still guaranteed to work when you receive it. I wouldn't accept a 2 week wait. That is Apple's problem they are out of stock. As it is their responsibility to get the computer to you in working condition. As others have said, I would be polite but firm that you are unhappy with this situation. If you don't complain, Apple will assume you are satisfied to wait.
 

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
How many times do I need to say, I am ok waiting the 2 weeks. School doesn't start until the 6th, it'll all be ok. Besides, I still have my fully functional G4 PB. I won't wait more than the 2 weeks though.
 

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
4,360
367
joecool85 said:
How many times do I need to say, I am ok waiting the 2 weeks. School doesn't start until the 6th, it'll all be ok. Besides, I still have my fully functional G4 PB. I won't wait more than the 2 weeks though.
I guess you just got bad luck, they ran out and it obviously wasn't meant to happen nor was it anyone's fault. They are a buisness and they recieve tons of orders, you need to have slack with them sometimes ;) .

I think the way you are dealing with this sitaution is very mature and grown up (not saying... I WANT MY GOD DAMN COMPUTER NOW! and not saying that you aren't mature in other situations, either.), you have a good atitiude with them. Good for you :)
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.