Not happy with speck hd or iskin...suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mjpisat, Dec 12, 2010.

1. mjpisat macrumors newbie

I got the speck hd free from apple. I like the feel and protection it gives, but I don't like that the top button is so hard to push. I also don't like how hard it is to put on and take off the case. I worry I'll scratch the phone while doing it.

I gave my iskin solo to my wife because it sticks to your phone on the screen. I like the look and feel, but the sticking was annoying.

I've actually used the apple bumper with an invishield on the front. I want some protection on the back though.

Any suggestions for a case like the speck or iskin without the problems above? Or a bumper like case with back protection?

2. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Incipio NGP - $20 at walmart

3. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I concur. I picked up one the other day.

5. mjpisat thread starter macrumors newbie

Which one?

6. bcp23 macrumors member

I agree that the SGP Neo Hybrid is a good case if your looking for a bumper type case with back protection.

They have the Neo Hybrid Matte Series and the Neo Hybrid Color Series. They differ only in the color of the polycarbonate band that comes with the case with one having matte finish and the other a high gloss finish.

Here's the thread for the case: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1031946&highlight=sgp+neo+hybrid+case

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

^^ Thats what I was referring to, thanks bcp.

8. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Yes, the SpeckPixel skin HD.

Speck sent out a bad batch made of cheaper harder material but will replace them, thought this was common knowledge (wonder how many people are suffering out there). Mine was replaced and I would say it's the best budget case of this type out there. Drop Speck an email.

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Speck customer service is one of the best I've encountered. I purchased a Candyshell and it began to flake very bad and quickly. I sent them a pic of the case along with my receipt and they're sending me a new one today. Definitely send Speck an email if you have a problem with your HD and let them know you received the case via the Apple Free Case program.

10. mjpisat thread starter macrumors newbie

11. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Cool. But you might as well get that HD swapped for free too. It's a great case.

12. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Has SGP's case quality gotten better? I bought 2 cases from them last year for the 3G/S and both cracked after a month.

13. mjpisat thread starter macrumors newbie

I did contact speck and they've been pretty responsive so far.

14. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I have the Switcheasy Trim and really like it. It's a combination of TPU and hard frosted plastic, and it looks really great.

15. mjpisat thread starter macrumors newbie

I email'd speck and they sent me a new case which I received on Saturday. The new one is different material than the one I got from apple. The case is great. I was so impressed with Speck that I ordered a case and sleeve from them for my macbook.

thanks