Not importing FB contacts into ML or iOS?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FortWorthMac, Sep 20, 2012.

1. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

So I'm wanting to link my FB account to Mountain Lion and for that matter, later into iOS. However, I do not want to merge my FB contacts into my day to day contact list/address book. I saw where allowing FB into ML will automatically import said friends. How does one prevent that?

Thanks

2. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

You can turn it off in iOS 6 settings as well as system preferences in 10.8.2. If you download everything and then turn it off, it'll delete all the stuff imported.

3. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Safely, without deleting the stuff I want to keep? :)

And thanks for the reply

4. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

It didn't delete any of my stuff. I was annoyed how some of my contacts had their names changed (I capitalize last names like John Henry DOE and Facebook changed it to John Henry Doe). So I unchecked contacts checking and everything went back to the way it was before.

With ML 10.8.2, you can update contacts through the Facebook system preferences tab without syncing contacts. It'll download address book contacts Facebook profile pictures and add them to your contacts if you're Facebook friends with them and it finds a match.