Not impressed by Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, Nov 5, 2009.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

Problems for me are the fact that it still requires you take your left finger off the surface to right click and the ergonomics are lacking. It's a pain to hold and whilst two finger swiping to the right works it's much harder to do the same gesture in the reverse direction.

assuming right handed operation.

it's a toss up for me as using one would free up my USB port as I use a Logitech Nano VX but I think I can live with one less USB port for the better ergonomics that mouse has over the Apple Magic Mouse

2. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

its a good mouse, but its not for everyone. It also take a little bit of getting used too.

3. Salty Pirate macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

4. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

I don't know about you guys, but I hated having the sharp aluminum edge digging into my thumb when I was using the Magic Mouse. No way I'm leaving the VX/MX series of mice for that thing.

5. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

i was contemplating it, but after reading allot of reviews similar to this i'm going to pass, my biggest complaint that would sway me is lack of a 3rd click (scroll click for me) which allows me to open links in a new tab in safari, i could not function without that lol

my rocketfish is bluetooth and i LOVE it, its ergonomic, accurate, and best of all got it for $15 @ BestBuy :-D

6. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

I have a rocketfish sitting in my desk drawer. It's a nice mouse except for the clicking scroll wheel. I ditched it for a Revolution, partially because the scroll wheel noise just irritated the crap out of me.

7. jaycee520 macrumors regular

....Ditched it for a Performance MX and couldn't be happier