Not impressed with iPhoto '11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by techmangonewild, Jan 15, 2011.

1. techmangonewild macrumors newbie

techmangonewild

This is secretly a beta app. Downloaded from the Mac Store which was cool because I didn't want the other apps that were previously bundled. The new email feature sucks. You can only put in one email address with the others just disappearing. Then, when you finally figure out a way to have it retain an email address, it doesn't read the passwords from mail. I had to put them in each time to send an email. Also, the app seems to work very slowly. I'm sure they'll figure these things out but it is so un-Apple to release something like this. I've come to expect much better from Apple. I wonder if they are just getting so big and have so many projects going simultaneously that we are now seeing the growing pains MS went through. Although MS products were crap from day 1. We'll see if they can keep the wheels from falling off.

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

yeah, when iLife 11 came out, the amount of people complaining about iPhoto 11 was insane. I'm actually surprised they haven't majorly updated it yet.

3. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I heard so many bad things about the new version of iPhoto, I didn't update my iLife suite like I usually would do. However, I did individually purchase the new iMovie.