iPhone XS Not impressed

Mel8899

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2017
I’m not very impressed with battery life on XS. I’m at 30% and been using most of the day. Am I expecting too much?

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
Battery life on the xs was pretty subpar from what I gathered throughout the year. It could be a app or two going crazy and causing battery life drain.

Davidhedge

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2017
I’m not very impressed with battery life on XS. I’m at 30% and been using most of the day. Am I expecting too much?
I’m with you on this. Worst battery life I’ve had in an iPhone. Plus I’ve had my iPhone XS for just under 2 months and my battery health is at 99% now. What a joke.

Reactions: Mel8899

Mel8899

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2017
I’m with you on this. Worst battery life I’ve had in an iPhone. Plus I’ve had my iPhone XS for just under 2 months and my battery health is at 99% now. What a joke.

I’m seriously thinking of going to XR.

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
its funny when people will say X/XS (with its half hour better battery was touted at the keynote last year) battery is great... only until a new model comes out and then its crap

vs. those that maintain it was never great to begin with (I fall in this camp). Not terrible but definitely not great.

I always felt while I had my iPhone X, on its shipping major version of iOS 11, that it was tangibly subpar coming from a 7plus.

For reference - I do not feel the same about my XR, it feels like a leap from what I recall 7plus being even, just lasts FOREVER. It's what sold me on it in a weekend and caused me to toss both my X and 7plus (even though I never thought I'd do either, it was time to tidy up my iPhone collection).

I cant make sense of Apple's battery figures, but I'm confident 11 will be stellar if its 'one hour better' (in what? mixed use? I dunno) than the already excellent XR... what's unclear to me is if Pro/Pro max will be on the level of excellent, or still fall a bit behind. Either way, 4/5 hour improvement from XS/Max feels *much* needed.

MyMacintosh

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
XS Max battery is perfectly fine for me. Incessant Twitter/Instagram, music app, few games, mail....I’m usually at 45% at this time from a single charge. I mean even today I used what’sapp video chat for the first time for like a solid hour and have been on here using safari a lot because the new release, and I’m only at 35%. Battery has never been an issue for me in a iPhone personally.

Usually my brightness is about here but I have auto so it changes throughout the day 914DE27A-4E56-426D-93FF-AA0DD02A8508.jpeg

Mel8899

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2017
XS Max battery is perfectly fine for me. Incessant Twitter/Instagram, music app, few games, mail....I’m usually at 45% at this time from a single charge. I mean even today I used what’sapp video chat for the first time for like a solid hour and have been on here using safari a lot because the new release, and I’m only at 35%. Battery has never been an issue for me in a iPhone personally.

Usually my brightness is about here but I have auto so it changes throughout the day View attachment 857494

I don’t have Max, I have XS

Mel8899

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2017
What were you using before? 30% at this time isn’t that bad depending on what you were doing throughout the day
I had an 8.
[doublepost=1568256891][/doublepost]
I did that and regretted it. If your used to the screen on the X the screen on the XR will bother you.

Edit: battery life was incredible though.

I had an 8 before and it didn’t bother me.