Not In Use iPhone 5S Repair

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatoneguy82, Sep 18, 2014.

1. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Okay, so on Friday, I'll be deactivating my 5S and moving onto the 6. I haven't decided yet what to do with my 5S, but want to make sure it's in tip-top shape. Anyway, I have AC+ on the 5S and for the past couple of months, I've noticed the top left corner glass seems to be "coming off". Basically, if I press down on the top right corner, it actually goes down. It also does it a little bit, not as much, on the top right corner. If I press down on the other 2 bottom corners, nothing happens.

I have 2 questions. Can I actually get a deactivated phone repaired? (I'm guessing yes, just want to make sure). Second, would this be AC+ replacement issue or a warranty replacement (free)? Phone has no major damage (usually scrapes/dings on sides, nothing crazy) and no water damage.

I'll probably wait until a week or two after release so I can go to a more sane Apple Store.

2. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

If you're quick, it'll be a warranty repair. In the UK, you can get a pro-rata refund on applecare+. Assuming it's the same in the US, that's also worth looking into before you sell your phone on.