Not moving to IOS 8 just yet

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jwolf6589, Sep 17, 2014.

1. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I remember when ios 7 came out and all the complaints that followed. I also remember it having new bugs that did not exist in IOS 6. Most bugs were cleared but some still remained in IOS 7 that never existed in IOS 6. Therefore I think I am gonna pass on IOS 8 for a little while. Some say it works like a charm on the 4S and others say it's super slow so I do not know who to believe.

When Yosemite comes out I may do the same. I bet a doughnut that it won't work properly at first

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I generally wait a week or two - or sometimes even more, mostly because I always update while plugged into a computer through iTunes and don't always have an hour (or more) to monitor the process.

But I do appreciate the early adopters who boldly download the newest iOS and send in the bug reports. Makes things easier for latecomers like me.

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I believe that if you want your iPhone running as fast as the day you bought it... keep it on the OS it came with & don't update.

If you want the new features of an iOS update... know going in that it will most likely cause laginess or decrease in battery life.

The trade-off decision is yours to make.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

If Scott Forstall were still with the company I don't think we'd be seeing all these OS and design issues that came about with iOS 7. I no longer trust Jony Ive with designing iOS. I've read enough that I also decided to wait until the dust settles. I may not upgrade at all and keep my iPad 2 and Air on iOS 7.

5. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Not exactly. Apple won't let me go back to IOS 5 and besides 7 seems to work fine on my iphone other than a few bugs.

----------

iOS 7 is better than iOS 5. However I miss the old phone app among other things like Google Maps built into apple Maps. But bo way would I go back to IOS 5 over IOS 7.

6. Sveke macrumors newbie

Wtf. Have fun with that. Ios 8 is totally fine. Put your big boy pants on and update.

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

You have fully road tested all aspects of the o/s, using all features several times, and kept a note of battery life over the course of a few days?

8. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Well then my principle holds true, if you wanted your 4s to keep being as fast as you bought it (assuming it came with iOS 5), then you shouldn't have updated to iOS 7 or even 6.

If it works fine for you on iOS 7 that's great, you dodged a bullet. Just know that you are always taking a risk of slowdowns and battery drain every time you slap a new OS update on a device.

9. MrGuder macrumors 68020

If you are already on the last iOS7 update....
    There is no reason for anyone not to upgrade to iOS8
    to be honest it's about the same exact look and feel, a few changes here and there but it still works exactly the same. No hiccups for me at least, I always do major updates like this connecting through iTunes, I never upgrade over the air, just easier for me.

I'm still upset that the Music App is the same as iOS7