Not much this time around

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, Sep 10, 2014.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I use my phone for business 85% and other 15%.

I get many emails per day, and talk a lot (salesman)

My biggest issues are Battery and speed of the internet.

From the looks of the specs the battery is slightly improved and possible the processor is faster.

I am using an ip5 and like it. Was really excited to get the ip6 but now I feel getting it is not too exciting. I need a new phone and I am in the apple eco system. Like the Droid phones, but not the OS on the droid.

Feel like getting this ip6 is just something I need to do, and that sux IMHO.

Apple really needed to come up with a few really NEW features and I don't see where they did for me.

Anyone else feel this way?

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

What would you have liked from them to do for you?

3. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd love a longer batter life for sure. Water resistant like some of the droids, better screen resolution and sound.

Also some neat stuff that you expect from an apple release. I really don't see a compelling reason to buy other than I need a new phone Bc my 5 battery is not lasting as it used to.

A replaceable battery would be nice too. If I could I'd replace the battery in my 5 now.

4. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Why don't you save yourself some grief and pay the $30 or whatever it is to get the battery in your 5 replaced? Problem solved; angst unnecessary.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Who doesn't want a better battery life. People will always complain about this.
    Water resistant? I have never ever needed a water resistant phone nor do any of my friends family etc.
    You got the better screen.
    I agree I would have liked better sound.

I thought the release was neat.

6. N e e k macrumors 6502

Better screen resolution? You've never even seen the screen before. How would you know how bad it is? You really think you'd be able to tell between an iPhone 6 Plus's screen vs some of the other phones out there? Hard to believe. In fact, it'll probably look better than it's competitors. A lot of phones have oversaturated screens.

Better sound? Apple's speakers always improve after each phone.

Not sure what you people want.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

iPhone 6 Plus will get you better battery life and better screen resolution. Both phones have better LTE and WiFi support as well.

8. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

the plus is too large a phone for me.

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

Buy a 3310 for battery and keep your iPhone for emails.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sounds like the iPhone 6 may not be the phone for you, wait until the iPhone 6s hits the streets. I think people sometimes fall into the trap that they need to upgrade every other year. If you're more or less content with the iPhone 5, stick with it.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Short of having some sort of a battery revolution where technology changes how else would more battery life come around aside from having a physically larger battery and this a larger phone?