Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I've had my 7+ since Saturday, coming from a 4.7" 6s. According to Apple, I should be getting 3 more hours per day out of my phone, but I haven't really noticed any difference in battery life. It's been at around the same percentage at certain parts of the day as my 6s was. I have 3 hours of usage logged today and 11+ hours of standby and it's at 30%. That doesn't seem that great to me.

I didn't really use my phone for much today. A few phone calls (none of them long), sent out some texts, checked email, and used Snapchat. Checked social media lightly and that's it. No games or movies. I am running 10.1 beta though, anyone else notice battery drain with this update?

Nothing in my usage looks out of the ordinary so I have no clue where else to look. Thoughts?

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I'm assuming it's rogue apps like Facebook or Twitter ruining your magic. The numbers are way low, though. If you didn't set the phone up as new, I would try that. Then keep your social media apps off the phone for a few days to see if your usage goes up. Your battery should be double what you're getting.

Also, as you mentioned, you're running beta software. I would get off the beta until you get this sorted.

vanimal

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Something is not right. Any plus model has a beast mode battery compared to a regular non plus. I'm sometimes on my 7 plus all day, into night laying in bed and I'll have enough juice before I need to plug it in before I fall asleep.

I've used a note 7 as a trial and my 7 plus crushes the note battery wise. Probably has to do with iOS vs android.

You should see a clear difference coming from
A non plus model.

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I have 12 standby and 4 usage at 69%. Set up as new as suggested.
[doublepost=1475115185][/doublepost]7+ by the way

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My thoughts are through your third party applications running in the background. Facebook Messenger Can drain your battery signicantly from what I have previously read.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I wanted to set up as new but didn't want to lose app data. Couldn't care less about camera roll & texts as those are saved on my Mac anyways, but I can't selectively restore app data, and I use some apps that still don't store data within iCloud. So with that being said, I restored from a backup.

I never leave any apps running in the background and I agree that I should be seeing a huge difference since the battery in the plus is 1000 mAh larger...

Hoping it's just the beta. Maybe I'll try to set up as new and see what happens...

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I was going to set up as new a couple night ago but realized in addition to texts, I'd lose health data and Apple Watch data. I restored my iPhone to 10.1 beta and then restored my backup but the battery issue is still here. Hoping it's just 10.1. If battery is still poor after 10.1 officially releases, I'll have no choice than to set up as new.

Sitting at about 50% with only 2 hours of use and 12 hours of standby. That would suggest 4 hours of use out of the phone per day, roughly. Unacceptable.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.