Not one single refurb laptop in the store...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by APPLENEWBIE, Nov 6, 2011.

1. APPLENEWBIE macrumors 6502a

That seems weird. I cannot recall ever seeing no laptop refurbs at all...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's happened many times. The inventory changes constantly. Quite normal.

3. Soulman macrumors member

Soulman

This one is on Clearance:

MacBook Air 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Originally released October 2010
    13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
    2GB memory
    128GB flash storage
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
    FaceTime camera

4. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

I don't ever remember seeing ZERO laptops. Ever.

5. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

I agree. At times, none of certain models, but not all laptops.

That clearance model doesn't seem like it's much of a deal.:(

6. scarred macrumors 6502a

This isn't normal at all. There aren't any notebooks at all (no pros, no airs of any type). I've never seen that, there is usually at least a couple options.

7. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

8. Titanium81 macrumors 6502a

Titanium81

Should be more in a few days. I know I had my eye on an Early 2011 13" MBP ;)

9. trip1ex macrumors 68000

10. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, it's not.

11. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

There were four macbooks and airs in total the day before yesterday! Oh my that was fast! I had my eye on a Feb 2011 MBP.

12. pmatch macrumors newbie

Yeah I've been watching the refurb store for weeks looking for a certain build and up until yesterday evening they had a few models for every category available. I seriously doubt they sold out of everything.

I'm wondering if maybe the 2011 Airs are coming to the refurb. store this week, that or they just have a problem with counting their inventory for whatever reason so had to pull everything to sort it out.

13. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

I think its a counting thing. I doubt all four would sell so fast. If the airs do come that would be nice, although I'm still on the fence. I was going to get that 2011 MBP if I if didn't get the air, lol.

14. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I'm waiting for the new airs to show up too and noticed the lack of laptops in the refurb store. Strange. There is even an MBP listed on the marquee on top of the store, but when you click on it, it's OOS. I'll be interested to see what pops up!

15. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't know why you people are freaking out. The refurb store inventory changes minute by minute. Sometimes there are no refurbs available for a certain model. That changes throughout the day. It's common for items to show up and be bought within minutes. At the time of this post, there are 3 MBAs and 6 MBPs on the refurb store. If you need help tracking a particular model you're interested in, use refurb.me.
    ScreenCap 17.png
    ScreenCap 18.png
    ScreenCap 19.png

16. newdeal macrumors 68020

there is no way they sold out of all refurb notebooks. zero chance. yes the inventory is changing all the time but there is no way they sold out of all 17" 15" 13" macbook pros, all airs and all MacBooks simultaneously. Either they are going to have a black friday refurb deal (which seems very unlikely for Apple) or they are prepping for the 2011 air refurbs to hit and are adjusting prices (unlikely since they don't normally pull to change prices) or they are just having some website issues with their inventory system

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You have absolutely no facts on which to base such a claim; only your opinion. Items sell out of the refurb store quite often, as is the case very often with Mac minis, as an example. It's quite possible and probable that particular models can be sold out for a period of time. It has happened many times. Unlike their retail products, Apple doesn't create inventory for the refurb store. It's based on what people return and what they buy. If fewer people return items that are in high demand, they run out temporarily. It's not that hard to understand.

18. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Who knows but "they're back ..."

19. pmatch macrumors newbie

Who's freaking out? People just thought it was curious. I was particularly interested in what happened because I am buying a refurb this week or next and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you're actually watching the refurb store for an immediate purchase, instead of window shopping, then yeah it is kind of a big deal if all the inventory wipes.

Frankly I think you're the one overreacting.

20. tears2040 macrumors 6502

+1

I also agree that there was a glitch in the system..... For at least 5 years I have checked the apple refurb every day and there has ALWAYS been some form of a macbook for sale. All I know is that they are back

21. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Totally agree.

22. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Yes, it is!

----------

Totally disagree.

23. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

They routinely go offline with certain models of Macs. They most likely do things in batches such as put a model online it there are 1000 available but take that model off the store when there are less than 100. This is basic inventory management 101.

It is rare for all laptops to go off the store but there could be many reasons for it.

24. molala macrumors 6502a

This true for the UK refurb store too. We've had no refurb laptops available today, which is unusual.

25. lc25 macrumors 6502

I've been looking for ages but still nothing, least it will feel like christmas when i finally find one...