Not quite on topic but some suggestions would be nice.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snaky69, Dec 2, 2009.

1. snaky69 macrumors 603

I currently have a dual monitor setup on my desk. Said desk gets used for homework for university.

Here's my problem, my external screen is slightly blocking the light input from the desk lamp at it's left, but I want to keep the setup as it is for simplicity and to save space for spreading my homework out.

One thing I would really like is to have some kind of a reading light, perched atop the external screen and pointing nearly downwards to light up my textbooks.

Does anybody know of anything that might ressemble what I want? I'd like it to be self-powered if possible instead of USB powered.

2. AaronX macrumors member

I think you should get something (phonebooks) to sit your light on.

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

How about one of these:

LAMP SWING ARM WHT 100WATT
    [​IMG]

They clamp on to your desk and they're quite versatile in the ways they can be positioned. I've got one on the corner of my desk behind my G3 iMac and most of the time I have it pointed up at the wall behind the iMac for indirect ambient lighting, but when need be I can swing it down so it lights the area in front of the G3 iMac. Also when needed I can pull it further over to illuminate the area to the left of the G3 iMac where my G4 iMac sits. Plus they can be cheap.

Edit: I don't know if it would clip on to a display or not but a book light might work.

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

How about one of these: The first one is not what you are looking for, but I thought it looked cool!
    (the last one my kids would love!!!):D

Attached Files: