Not reading some CD's ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 1114TMR, Jun 11, 2010.

1. 1114TMR macrumors newbie

Hello all, This is my 1st post. I am trying to upload my music library that I have stored on numerous CDr's to itunes, but, when I put these in My macbook pro reads it as a blank disc. If I put the same CD in My Mom or Dad's Macbook pro's it reads it and uploads it as expected. I took one of my parent's random CDr's & it uploaded to my itunes just fine. It seems to be only the CDr's that I really want to upload. What Gives?
    Thanks!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Some CDs at time of creation can specified to be Mac only, PC only (or rather Windows only), or both.

It's possible the disks you have have been specified to be PC only which explains why it shows up as blank disks on the Mac side of things.

Personally the few times I've had this issue, I simply copied the files off the CD via a Windows machine to a flash drive; that was easier than attempting to figure out how to read it on the Mac side.

I hope that helps; it's the extent to what I know. So it's nothing wrong with your machine if you're worried about that.

3. 1114TMR thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought at first but my other MBP reads them and uploads them into my itunes library just fine....? I'm just not getting it!

4. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Have you tried with regular CDs, like music CDs (factory ones)?

5. apple.gr macrumors regular

By the way, why don't you use iTunes Home Sharing for your music? It's out of the topic but think about it.