not really a peripheral, but cases/brief cases

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Aug 14, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I am desperately looking for a nice, stylish briefcase that will also hold my macbook pro.. I cant find ANY good websites.. If you guys and gals know of some good website for that kind stuff, i would be very greatful

BTW, i am a female, so i prefer a site that has some feminine cases.

2. jmb667 macrumors regular

jmb667

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

those swiss cases are nice, but black leather is not really my style. I LIKE that barnes and noble Vera Wang, but it doesnt seem like it will protect my laptop..

I need basically a breif case too. I work in an office and travel to vendors and customers, plus i run my own personal business.. so i want to have something nice, but usable too/.

Thanks for the links.. i am going to be looking through those threads and stuff. I'm still open to more links if you all have them!!

5. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i guess these are more my style, but i would like to buy from an actual store, not ebay

womens leather

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

i got an error when i clicked on the link... but for the briefcase, you want a metal (aluminum/steel plate) or a leather briefcase?

7. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

hmm.. that link worked for me.. Its an ebay store though, so i really dont want to buy through ebay..

as far as the links you guys gave me.. the black leather is not really what i was looking for. I was HOPING for something that looks a little more like a pocketbook. I REALLY liked the style of the barnes and noble totes, but they are very "college kid" and i was hoping for something a little more mature.

The ones you guys linked me to are nice, but unfortunately not for me. They are just really Librarian.. And it seems that is all that is out there now for women. Its like a woman carrying a brief case is a novelty or something!

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

oops my bad. safari was playing hooky with me and that link. :D

well, i'm outta ideas, but heres one more. it's not leather, but polyester. the pink part might look "college kid" but yea..

9. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

what i'm looking for doesnt NEED to be leather - nylon is fine, but they all have animal print or very super trendy..

I cant get your link to show me a picture now!! weirdness.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

heres a picture... and that dude above, I don't think even a high school girl would buy/use that. at least all the girls at my high school dont... hannah montana is gross, betty boop, iono..

Attached Files:

11. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

cute.. No betty boop hanna montana.

and your instincts were right about the pink.. i guess i sound picky now.. but the thing is, there isnt just one website witha bunch of choices, you have to sift through a ton of websites to find one here and one there.. its really annoying!! maybe i will just have to buy that one on ebay/

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It kind of is. I see more people in suits lugging around messenger bags. What about the LV line? they had a nice case once.
    Coach has something you may like.

13. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

OMG.. NOW you guys got EXACTLY what i want, but those are insanely out of my price range.. i LOVE all of them.. actually,t he coach not so much, but the others are AMAZING!

Weird because i usually LOVE coach, i didnt even know they made business style accessories. Maybe i should hit up the outlet stores ands ee what they have. I am DEFINITELY not usually one of those people that has to have the name brand bag, but those recent ones that you guys posted are AMZING..

as for the heart bags, my guess would be that a guy DEFINITELY made those.. some male designer thinking to himself "how do we make this bag more feminine - PUT A HEART ON IT!"

14. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Oh no, it's an all female outfit. There are saboteurs amongst you as well :p And while it may be Hello Kitty Hell on the outside, it's surprisingly well thought out inside.

I have way too many really nice bags for a guy who looks as decrepit as I do, and I'm partial to Knomo (Men's bags I ought to point out ;) )who are better known for their women's line. Once again, not terribly cheap especially as they're based in the UK - strong pound and all that. http://www.knomobags.com

15. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

oohh.. prettty.. i would LOVE to have a red leather and a more basic one.. but i can hardly afford ONE let alone a bag for each outfit!!

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

lindsayanng, I completely understand not wanting to spend much on a bag, but in theory you know it's going to outlast that computer.
    The The Barcelona Bag by Zegari is fantastic. If I am ever in the market for a nice bag again I'm going to look into picking that one up. I just use the standard issued laptop bag from work right now and since I literally toss the work laptop across the room with great zeal, I don't want to ruin a perfectly fine bag. :)

Coach outlet will probably have things right up your alley because as you know they've started moving all over the map with styles. I am more minimal myself and find that last year's stuff is way better. I am not about brands and quite frankly the only coach bag I have was a gift, but I value quality.

17. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

you dont have to preech to me about the value of a well made bag/ my canal street knock off that cost $35 lasted me three months.. i KNOW that a quality bag is going to cost money.. but thats money i DONThave right now. i was hoping for a somewhat nice looking, not cheesey, tote style bag. it doesnt even NEED to be leather. I will get a leather one when i have more money

I like minimalist in design but lots of functionality.. but i DONT want it to look like a librarians book bag either.

I think i will head up to the coach outlet store. theres one about 40 minutes away from me. Heck, i'm in a good mood, maybe i will go up there TONIGHT!!

I'm in the mood to spend money, but i HATE buying on the net because i LOVE instant gratification. I hate the waiting.

18. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

looks like i am close to spending a good $300 on a BAG!! never in my LIFE have i spent that much!

19. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

have you checked out www.ebags.com? they have a huge selection of bags in all sorts of types.

20. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

ebags looks fishy to me.. like thier stuff might fall apart.. i found one on overstock.com i might buy

laptop case

21. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

22. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

woah.. then that IS a good price for that bag!! I'm not up on al the brand names, so i had NO CLUE it was THAT good of a deal. I think i'll pull the trigger on that and buy it now.