Not really feeling why I should JB.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by HiFiGuy528, Aug 4, 2010.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I have a iPhone 4 jailbroken and I love it, but I don't know if it would be beneficial to do the iPad. PdaNet does not work on iPad and I don't really need MiWi if I ahve the iPad with me. My3G is the only app I would use do to YouTube viewing in HQ, but the Safari YouTube doe the same. What are you guys installing?

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

Categories
    Infinidock
    Backgrounder
    Proswitcher HD
    Ifile
    Winterboard
    Virtual memory hack

These are all jailbreak programs that I use on a dial basis and can't do without

3. SA22C macrumors regular

I've tried the VM hack and found it to be laggy and worse than not using VM. Once we get OS 4, I think that jailbreaking for iPad will become a very niche activity.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think I'd still jailbreak -- I like backgrounder better than iOS4's "backgrounding," because I can background any app, not just the ones that have been updated to work in the background under iOS4. Other JB apps that provide functions not included in iOS4 include infinidock, SBSettings, Rename, that mod that replaces "iPad" in the status bar with the name of the WiFi network I'm connected to, and on and on and on. I'm sure JB devs will come up with more stuff to enhance whatever functions there are in iOS4, and I'm looking forward to see what happens!

5. SonGoku v2.5 macrumors member

If folders is still regulated to 12 apps per folder and fast app switching on the iPad is only similar to what's on the iPhone, then I'd actually prefer to keep Categories and ProSwitcher.

Plus, what Night Spring said in regards to background apps; it's hilarious that I'm still waiting on iheartradio to update their app, but unofficially I no longer have to worry about what they do either way.

Eventually jail breaking may become more niche as Apple continues improving the Os and essentially catches up with the jailbreakers, but right now, I think that the jailbreak is worth a little bit more than what we might know about iOS 4 on the iPad. Despite some kinks from yesterday, I still love my jb'd iPad.

6. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

iheartradio was just updated last night to support multitasking

7. SonGoku v2.5 macrumors member

Heh, took long enough...definitely good to know; but I still stand behind categories and pro switcher unless iOS 4 does a little bit extra on the iPad.

8. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Well, I did it! I couldn't stand that Pandora can't run in the background. I am going to keep it simple (less is more stable). I have 3G unrestrictor and Backgrounder installed. Now I need a good app that allows me to put other apps into folders like in ios 4. Any suggestions?

Thank you guys for all your help.

9. Zodiak macrumors regular

Here are some of my pics, might be redundant

• Winterboard (Themes Plus the new addition of Video Backgrounds for iPad)
    • Backgrounder
    • ProSwitcher HD
    • iFile (Being able to navigate and edit/fix the inner workings of your iPad
    • dTunes (Play mp3 files naitively from your iPad without going through iTunes or the iPad music player
    • Iconoclasm (As many Rows/Collumns of icons/arrangements you want)
    • Being able to get information like Calendar, schedules, RSS, Email, calls, SMS to your lockscreen.
    • NES, SNES, GBA, Genesis, Mame, PSX Emulators
    • Frash (Still in development, Flash on your iPad)

Thats all I can think of right now :)

10. christianinri macrumors member

If you feel you shouldn't or don't have to then don't?

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Agrred. It's not for everyone.

12. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

You want Categories (free). I would also get SBCategories (or CategoriesSB, whatever it's called. $1 i think), it's well worth the "upgrade" ;)

13. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Agreed--I like this setup way better than folders in iOS4, and actually use these two on my iPhone as well.

A few others:

SBSettings
    FullForce
    iTether (paired with TetherMe on the iPhone for Bluetooth tethering)