not receiving all text messages

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by infamous84, Nov 21, 2012.

1. infamous84 macrumors member

Hey,

I have a iphone 4s with sprint, on 6.01 and am not receiving all my text messages, if/when i restart the phone text messages are coming in that I never received. Constantly getting asked by friends if I received there text, where then I have to restart the phone to see if any missed texts are coming in. I've already tried resetting network settings, also did a restore. The issue started happening when upgraded to ios6.

Any suggestions?

thanks

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Sounds like a Sprint issue more than anything else. Have you contacted them about this?

Either way, are the messages that aren't getting through (until you restart) SMS messages or MMS messages or iMessages or a combination of those?

And you do receive some texts, right? Have you noticed any patterns regarding from who or at what time it is/isn't working?

Does everyone you send texts to always get them (i.e. is the problem restricted to incoming texts only or to outgoing texts as well)?

I have a 4S on AT&T (also on 6.0.1) and, iMessage service issues notwithstanding, I haven't had any problems with texting at all.

3. infamous84 thread starter macrumors member

It happens both with sms and imessages. There are no patterns, just happens randomly at any time, I usually have to restart the phone when somebody asks me if I got there text.

People are getting my texts havent had a complaint of them not receiving my texts.
    I dont know if its an issue with sprint, all the issues started happening after upgrading to ios6, never had a issue on ios5.1

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

For iMessage, does this happen on both Wi-Fi and cellular or just one of those? Apple's had some problems with the service lately so that one could be less "you" and more "them".

I don't have any personal experience with Sprint iPhones so I'm not sure if this will help but if I were having these issues, I'd give it a try (after backing up, of course):
    Source: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Program_your_iPhone_4S/case-gb746811-20111012-170654

There's also this MR thread from last year that discusses the above process.