Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

takiman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
New York, NY
I switched from an iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 and transferred all my data over using iTunes. On my new iPhone 5 my notifications from apps like CNBC, Bloomberg, Chase and AP aren't showing up on my iPhone 5. I am still seeing them on my iPhone 4 when it's connected to wifi. I have badges, sounds and banners turned on under settings for these apps. anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
Same problem here!! I am only getting notifications from built in apps, and I restored from iCloud via wifi.

Please help!

erichaase

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
I switched from an iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 and transferred all my data over using iTunes. On my new iPhone 5 my notifications from apps like CNBC, Bloomberg, Chase and AP aren't showing up on my iPhone 5. I am still seeing them on my iPhone 4 when it's connected to wifi. I have badges, sounds and banners turned on under settings for these apps. anyone else having this issue?

YES! i am too experiencing the same issues with USA Today, AP News and CNN, someone please help!

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
What happens if you uninstall, reboot and reinstall one of those apps?

erichaase

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
What happens if you uninstall, reboot and reinstall one of those apps?

i tried with all three and no luck, seems like this issue applies to all non-apple apps, maybe its matter of the apps not being updated for ios6?

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
i tried with all three and no luck, seems like this issue applies to all non-apple apps, maybe its matter of the apps not being updated for ios6?

You make a good point there. Did you try an app that has been updated to iOS6, like Facebook or Twitter, and see if those notifications come in?

Last possibility is setting it up as new phone again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.