Not receiving apps' push notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Xylian, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Xylian macrumors member

Hi,
    after 3-4 years of android phones, I've bought again an IOS phone, more precisely an iPhone 5.. a lot of things have changed (or I've forgotten them) and I don't understand how notifications work... I've installed a lot of apps as Facebook, GMAIL and Instagram, all of them asked me if I want them to send me push notifications, but then no notifications are received... after a while I see the notification badge on the facebook icon, but no notifications were generated... can you tell me what should I check and/or enable?

Automatic background update has something to do with this? BTW, it is enabled..

2. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

Hello.
    To get push notifications working; go to the notifications tab in Settings. Here, make sure that all the apps that you wish to notify you are under the "in notification centre" and if they are not, drag them in from bellow ( using the edit button and then holding them to drag).

After that; click on them and then select "banner" in the alert style. If this doesn't work then there will be settings within the apps you are using that will have to be changed but I don't think that this is the problem. Try what is above and get back to me.

Any other questions or problems; don't hesitate to ask, I should reply within a day for you.

-MartinAppleGuy-

3. Xylian thread starter macrumors member

I think that it's more an app-related issue... I've read that for GMAIL push notifications you must set (within the app) to be notified about all mails and not only about the main tab. I've set it and it works.. now I've configured Facebook app to notify for all the possible things but it seems not to work..

4. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

If you are running iOS7 it could be a problem that the app has not updated to fix all compatatiblity issues. If that is the problem; the only thing you can do it inform the dev team. There should be a "report bug / issue" button which will setup an email for you to state your problem. Hope this helped.

Ps- even just giving it a week; the app my update. It has been common for apps to have issues like this with a new OS as sometimes it try's to use framework that no longer exists.

----------

If you are running iOS7 it could be a problem that the app has not updated to fix all compatatiblity issues. If that is the problem; the only thing you can do it inform the dev team. There should be a "report bug / issue" button which will setup an email for you to state your problem. Hope this helped.

Ps- even just giving it a week; the app may update. It has been common for apps to have issues like this with a new OS as sometimes it try's to use framework that no longer exists.