Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vsp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
Chico, Ca
I've got a few threads I'm subscribed to, set to instant notificaton. I've noticed that I only get emails for them about 60% of the time.

Is this a universal problem with the notification software? Or is there some odd practice of the notification software that I'm not aware of? As an untested observation, it appears to happen more with threads I've either never posted in or haven't posted in awhile. My subscribed thread list still shows them with notification as instant.

Thanks

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
vsp said:
I've got a few threads I'm subscribed to, set to instant notificaton. I've noticed that I only get emails for them about 60% of the time.

Is this a universal problem with the notification software? Or is there some odd practice of the notification software that I'm not aware of? As an untested observation, it appears to happen more with threads I've either never posted in or haven't posted in awhile. My subscribed thread list still shows them with notification as instant.

Thanks

This is a side effect of the forum move to a new server. Arn has stated elsewhere that he's working on getting that restored. See this thread.

vsp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
Chico, Ca
relimw said:
This is a side effect of the forum move to a new server. Arn has stated elsewhere that he's working on getting that restored. See this thread.

My apologies. I thought I had searched through that thread, but obviously not. Thanks for the reply...and the notification worked on this one.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
well i didnt think i was getting email notification upto this morning that suddenly they are flooding into my inbox like no tomorrow!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.