Not receiving gmail in Mail?

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by blasto2236, Sep 22, 2016.

1. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

Weird issue here. I have a gmail account that I use in both Mail on my Mac, on the web, and in the Gmail app on my iPhone.

Recently, I stopped receiving incoming mail on this account in Mail on my Mac (also in Mail on my iPhone). Connection Doctor on the Mac shows no issues with the account. Every one and a while, some emails will come in, but very rarely. Like for one hour a day. No exclamation point next to the Inbox indicating a problem either.

New mail shows on the web and in the Gmail app, but not in either of Apple's stock apps. I have updated my iPhone from iOS 9 to 10 and my Mac from El Capitan to Sierra, issue persists across both versions. I have removed and re-added the account to no avail.

I know Gmail had a brief outage on the 19th, but this has persisted to no avail. Anyone run in to this before and found a resolution?

2. iubhounds macrumors regular

iubhounds

I have 3 different gmail accounts running through Mail. In the past when I had the problems you have --- I deleted the account in Mail and did a re-add ... it worked. I've been receiving mail on my iMac, MacAir, iPhone and iPad even after the updates to iOS10 and Sierra ... no mail issues here.