Not Receiving Notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by webitorgal, May 11, 2015.

1. webitorgal macrumors regular

webitorgal

My watch was working fine up until this weekend, when I stopped receiving notifications (i.e. I'm not feeling taps). I don't know if I did anything to my settings. I could be running errands, with my phone in my bag (thus not actively using it), but I would feel my phone vibrate, yet not see anything on my watch. Any advice?

Thanks!

2. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

This will probably sound silly and obvious but Have you tried the usual rebooting of your phone and watch. Just as an easy thing to try.

3. webitorgal thread starter macrumors regular

webitorgal

Duh! Looks like it worked...for now, anyway. :S

4. J.gerbes macrumors 6502

I had this issue.

I reset the watch and then re-paired it. It's not as bas as you may think. The iPhone stores a backup, so after the reset you can just restore it.

The whole process took only about 10-15 minutes.

5. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Oh well, the main thing is it's working, bloody technology:D

6. iToph macrumors regular

I have got that issue EVERY TIME I hardreset my iPhone / or when it crashes and automatically reboots. Not receiving any notifications on my watch. :mad:

7. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I started noticing this issue mainly with the notifications my medication reminder program is supposed to send me. I've taken to rebooting my watch once a day now as a precaution and I plan on refreshing the pairing process every so often. Maybe once every couple of weeks. I wonder if everyone runs into this eventually or just some of us.