Not receiving website notifications.

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by cmChimera, Nov 21, 2013.

1. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I don't seem to receive notifications from this site, New York Times, and now CNN. I don't know what the issue is. I've removed them and resubscribed multiple times. Every once in a while I receive a notification from Macrumors.

I've tried to test it by using a site I ran into that allows you to send yourself a push notification and I received it fine.

Anyone having this issue? Anyone fixed this issue?

2. drew627 macrumors regular

I've noticed the same problem. I'm no longer getting MacRumors push notifications.

3. Benjamin99 macrumors member

I stopped getting them as well. However, I notice that I've never received them "in sync" between my iMac and rMBP... its as if they only push to one or the other. I'll notice that all day I won't get any on my rMBP, then when I check my iMac at home that evening there's a bunch of them waiting. Doesn't work as well as the other notifications that sync such as iMessage.

4. cmChimera thread starter macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Unfortunately I only have one Mac, so I'm not sure where else they would be going.

5. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Hmm--that may indeed be it. I always use my iMac first thing in the morning to run iTunes--and get MacRumors--but not on my rMBP which I open up later.