Not recieving Calls or Texts!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shwonx, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Shwonx macrumors member

This is getting Extremly Frustrating! I've had my iphone for a little over a month. When i purchased it, i was told coverage would be bad for a few months, and i understand this, but I'm just starting to wonder if the problems im experincing are not nesesarily based soley on the coverage of my phone.

It seems as though text messages i recieve wait in a queue until I send a message myself, and i then recieve all of the texts that have been piling up. I have sent somewhere near 300 messages to myself because of this problem.

I've also noticed at times when my signal strength displays full bars (at work right now) I don't recieve calls. I call myself using my work phone, and it rings twice, and goes to voicemail. If i turn airplane mode on and off, i can recieve calls for a few minutes and then it goes back to it's regular ways.

This doesn't happen all the time, which leads me to believe it is a signal problem as I was originally told, but you can never be too sure, right?

Aditional information, It's a tethered Jailbroken iphone 3gs, running on 3.1.2 jailbroken by blackra1n for windows.

2. Jinkst macrumors regular

It sounds like a network issue. We had the same problem in the area that the phone store I used to work at was in. You will get texts coming in when you send one as the phone is trying to connect to the network at that point to send, and as soon as it gets a connection it will receive everything at once.

Alot of the time phones will lose reception, and even if it comes into reception again it won't pick it up properly without being turned off, or in your case, Airplane mode, which turns the phones signal off and back on.

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry too much about it if they told you the signal was going to be poor and you were fine with it when you got the phone, as their isn't much you can do about it now.

3. Shwonx thread starter macrumors member

Yea. I figured as much, just wanted to verify that it wasn't a phone problem. (Warranty is void becuase of a bs faulty water sensor in my earphone jack). I was told the network wouldn't be up and working properly until the end of january, so it IS starting to get a bit frustrating since that was over a week ago. Oh well, now that I know it's not only a problem with my phone, im not too concerned.