Not remembering home network wifi as known network.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cakbar, May 19, 2008.

1. cakbar macrumors regular

I have had my touch for a few weeks. I live in a downtown area, so many of my neighbors wifi shows up, with a few of them allowing entry. For some reason, my touch keeps defaulting to one of my neighbors networks when I turn it on, and will only allow me to log onto my own home network manually. I have WEP turned off on my network but it does only allow registered MAC addresses to use it (in theory). My touch is one of the registered addresses. I also have a macbook, and it doesn't have the same problem. I have tried telling my touch to "forget" all the other networks, and it still doesn't recognize my network as "known". I was under the impression that the touch would log onto the last network used if it is available.
    Anyone have any suggestions.
    Thanks

PS, wireless router is a relatively old 802.11b, with a fairly weak signal. Could it be that by the time my touch has detected the signal, it has already made the decision to connect to another network?

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

I think your last sentence there solved it, it probably connected to another network and then found a weak signal after

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

dont quote me on this but I also think the touch defaults to a none encrypted connection, you could try going into the neighbours connection settings on the touch and click on forget network that could help