Not resuming after power loss (MB MB446ZPA)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yellow 13, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Yellow 13 macrumors member

My battery sucks now, I lost power just before this thread was posted, why didn't it resume. I remembered that last time I run out of juice it resumed.

Anybody know solution?

2. matwue macrumors member

It is possible to manually disable the hibernation image which would allow OSX to resume in case you are running out of battery. Disabling hibernation mode is usually recommended for SSD users. Any chance you disabled it yourself? :)

I suggest taking a look at the following thread: http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=9382782

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Calibrate your battery to make sure your readings are accurate. Install iStat Pro to track your battery condition, among other things. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

4. Yellow 13, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011

Yellow 13 thread starter macrumors member

well thank you :)

@GGJ i will calibrate battery

and i have the stock HDD 160 GB, and i changed the hibernate mode to 0 (or the machine could not find it's HDD after sleep)

Leopard btw

5. matwue macrumors member

Changing hibernation mode to 0 is most likely the reason for your Mac not going to sleep, I have it disabled as well (SSD) and mine doesn't go to sleep either. It simply shuts down when the battery is discharged, as described in the link I have posted above. Calibrating the battery will probably not help here, but re-enabling hibernation mode should fix it (or using the http://www.jinx.de/SmartSleep.html app). Then again, if your PC does have problems with hibernation mode it is of course better to leave it disabled. :)

6. Yellow 13 thread starter macrumors member