Not seeing maps or driving time in calendar ... ??

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by eroxx, Oct 23, 2013.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

Hi!

I'm using the new calendar and I don't see driving times calculated for locations nor do I see any sort of location details .... ?? How do I enable this??

----------

Apparently there was an issue with xcode -- now I have it working ... But is there a way to get travel time to be a default addition, rather than having to add it for each specific event?

2. BmoreDrumGuy macrumors regular

This took a little trial and error, and I'm not 100% convinced I've discovered the secret! but it seems you have to manually type in the address so that maps can find it and suggest it for you. It doesn't seem to like having an address copied then pasted into it to have the info show up. At least that's what I was seeing.

3. parkds macrumors regular

That is silly that you can not cut and paste and have to let it find the POI. The POI system is not nearly deep enough.

4. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's also silly that you can't by default enable driving directions. Oh well ...

5. srazz macrumors regular

srazz

I was having issues with travel time and found this post. If I cut n paste no workie. Type in the address it works. Booooooo

Apple please fix.

6. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Travel Time is an option when you click on the time section of the event inspector.

Maps wouldn't show for me until I rebooted.

7. robinbeveridge, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

robinbeveridge macrumors newbie

Me too - UK based

Yeah, it works if you write in the address, but not cut & paste. So making extra work, rather than less. FIX THIS PLEASE Apple.

8. robjulo macrumors 6502a

Doesn't work for a calendar for an exchange account either. Really lame.

9. brezz macrumors member

On a similar note, when I hover my mouse over an event it does not bring up the details. I have to double click which brings up the "Get Info" screen. Isn't the event inspector supposed to show up when I hover over the event?

Thanks,
    Brian