Not seeing upgrades in Cydia since 4.3.2 JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by onefish2, Apr 26, 2011.

1. onefish2 macrumors member

onefish2

Upgraded to 4.3.2 then JB with Redsn0w. Used PKGBackup to restore JB apps and springboard layout, repos etc. I have not seen a updates in Cydia since. Anybody else experiencing this?

2. justinwebb macrumors regular

cause there havent been any updates perhaps lol

3. onefish2 thread starter macrumors member

onefish2

I have 65 JB packages and not a one has been updated in a week. Hard to believe.

4. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

Pretty easy to believe considering for a considerable amount of time Cydia had issues due to Amazon.

5. PaulyD macrumors 6502

I also wondered the same as I have not seen any updates either and i usually get one or two - generally check daily as well.

Assumed was due to the outage and not the jailbreak though

6. justinwebb macrumors regular

and your point? I am fresh out of cookies. Cydia has been down everything was already updated for 4.3.2 and it was a holiday last weekend. When those powers combine there aren't gonna always be updates. Its not a big deal

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

Either believe there haven't been any updates or believe you have a Cydia problem. Your choice.

8. onefish2 thread starter macrumors member

onefish2

The Cydia store was down due to the Amazon EC2 problems meaning that you could not browse Cydia store apps or pay for them. Cydia still functions whether or not Saurik's repo and web site are up or down. I have many other repos configured. And Cydia as an app will still function to go out to those repos and see if there are new packages and updates for existing packages.

So I am trying to figure out if Cydia on my iPhone is broken or not.

Thanks for the replies.

9. bpunc macrumors newbie

10. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

11. onefish2 thread starter macrumors member

onefish2

Looks to be working now. Have had just a few updates in the past weeks. Rather strange.

12. loyalist macrumors 6502

Still on 4.3.1 but haven't received updates in weeks. Used to receive them daily.

13. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i literally hate pkgbackup sometimes. it worked for me once maybe 1 or 2 years ago... i didnt install it today.. well, i did, then it messed up, and cydia had 0 sources and 0 installed apps..

i jb 4.3.2 and used pkgbackup, did everything correct... but of course cydia didnt load like you are saying..

i re jb with pwnage again, and what i do is write all my apps and sources in my notes dashboard app. i have about 20 apps/tweaks, it all took about 45 minutes to get everything back to normal. i will not be using pkgbackup again.

14. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

are you saying other people have got updates for the same packages your not getting?

15. onefish2 thread starter macrumors member

onefish2

The issue with PKGBackup was that it did not respect the new format for Cydia default repos such as saurik, big boss etc. It added them in to the cydia.list file and made duplicates that cydia could not download updates from. It took me quite some time to figure out how to clean cydia up. Many of the online tutorials have not been updated to reflect cydia 1.1.1 changes.

Other than that PKGBackup rocks. I updated my iPhone from 4.3.1. to 4.3.2 then did the JB, downloaded PKGBackup and had every thing (well just about everything) back up and running in 45 minutes. That is pretty amazing. Things that did not restore properly were apps or tweaks purchased through the cydia store such as mywi and inspell. But that was simple enough to just re-download them.

Its working now as I stated earlier. But there have been very few updates in the past 2 weeks. I used to get updates just about daily.