Not so clear strategy...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apple Corps, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

    Apr 26, 2003
    My laptop decision has to be made shortly (yes laptop - enough of the notebook "correctness").

    If Photokina delivers us a revised MBP I'll order one and take my chances - easy one!

    If no revised MBP: confusion :confused:

    My first thought was to just go with a basic MB to hold me over. BUT - there appears to be an ongoing random shutdown problem that Apple has yet to resolve. That is a showstopper for me - can not have that happening in front of an audience at one of my presentations.

    Second thought was to just go with the stock MBP 2.0 and ebay it when a revised MBP finally shows up. BUT - there are new threads on the Apple MBP site about flaws in the newly revised mlb design/assembly that is causing - you guessed it - random shutdowns :mad: :mad:

    I may just have to buy another CD mini as a backup and pretend that I am not really experiencing this type of quality from Apple - what is going on in their engineering department?
  2. Pressure macrumors 68040


    May 30, 2006
    That's news to me.

    I haven't heard of MacBook Pro's randomly shutting down.

    If you really need a notebook now, why don't you just go ahead and buy one? :confused:
  3. Apple Corps thread starter macrumors 68030

    Apr 26, 2003
    Pressure - some issues with Apple discussions but here are thread stats:
    "Random Sudden Shutdown on MBPs Paul Melzer Using your MacB... 821 23"

    I am waiting to decide per the 3,572 posts on the topic reflect and the content of my post outline - can't have failures in front of audiences.

    Maybe Photokina.......

Share This Page