Not so great battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bc008, Dec 8, 2008.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

My aluminum 2.4 GHz macbook doesnt havethe best battery lift..

I unplugged it about 15 minutes ago at 99%. its now already at 82%. I have calibrated the battery as well since i got it..

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It depend on what you are doing, if your doing some hefty stuff like watch video or opening many apps. then the chance are that the battery are gonna drain quite fast. If your just doing some surfing on the web or word processing it last longer...

3. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

im just browsing the web.. but the keyboard is on

im down to 73%

4. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Unless you're doing some super intense work, that doesn't sound normal. I would charge it to 100% and then let it drain down to zero. Make sure to keep track of what you're doing and how long the battery lasts.

Afterward, charge your computer to 100% and leave it plugged in for an additional 2 hours. If, after all of that, your battery does not last 3 hours doing small tasks (e.g. surfing the web, word processing, etc.) then I would have Apple check it out.

Also, make sure to disable unnecessary background processes (e.g. bluetooth). If you're really concerned, it's never a bad idea to call Apple Care.

Hope things work out!

5. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

im already down to 66% in a couple minutes..

yea ill calibrate it again and see if anything changes.. if not ill have to call applecare

do you happen to know if i can just send in my battery, and use my laptop on the charger until i get my new one?

6. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Well, I would wait to see what Apple has to say first. It may be something more than a simple battery issue, but let's not think about that ;)

I'm sure Apple will send you a new battery through the mail. They may want the old one first, though. In that case, they'll probably charge your credit card for a new battery, and then refund the difference once you send the old one back.

7. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It may be a defect. Did you try turning on energy saver?